Losing my baby boy

Link

Avid Member
I think my daughter's baby boy time is almost up. Took him to the vet seem to make it worse. Always I worried about them over medicating. I'm going on 5 days now with no eating. Can really get one eye to open. 4 guys hanging in there trying to force-feed I just don't like to do that makes me nervous. Took him in 4 one eye problem and it up with 2 . have my fingers crossed that he can pull through:(

How old is he hun? How long has the eye problem been going on? What was it diagnosed as?

If it is his time to go, there isn't much you can do other than make him comfortable and maybe have him put to sleep. If you think he is truly dying and has given up, you might want to consider just ending his suffering now. However if you think he can still ho honestly pull through I wish you the best of luck and will be thinking about you two.

Thank you. He's about 5. When I take him out he's very active or taking in the shower. Take him outside he had one eye problem and it was a vitamin that they said. And then the other eye closed when you had a hard shed. I tried to get it out of there it's just so hard I don't want to hurt it. He still has a strong grip drinks when I put him in the shower you just can't see his food. Thanks for your support don't know what I'm going to tell her though. And I don't want to put them down because he still seem to have a lot of strength in him

I wouldn't put him down either. Not if he's still drinking on his own and stuff. Have you tried taking him back in to have the vet clean the shed out of his eye? If they could get it out at least he'd have the use of one eye.

Both eyes bulge on the bottom just the bottom that's the new thing I took him there because he had a sty in his eye. Now he's got Foggy Bottom eyes. When when they wake up tomorrow I will take a picture.

Sounds almost like he's got a really bad infection?
I've had one infections. Butt this one's kind of different than I've ever seen. It's almost like they're filled up with water. Like a water balloon when you hold
Sounds almost like he's got a really bad infection?
That's what I thought too I've had ones with infections before but they weren't like this. the eyes are all mostly retaining water

It's funny you say that. Because the other eye that won't open I got open a little bit today and it looks dead like blood. Maybe I'll bring them back tomorrow I just don't like moving them around so much. And not many exotic vets that are good to where I live there's a few but they're far far away

I would put him in a dark container, like a cardboard box, with a stick for him to hold onto, it will make him as calm as possible and he's likely to fall asleep. However if you don't take him to a vet he is only likely to get worse.

I wish for the best prognosis for your little guy and a speedy recovery. Even if he does eventually go blind, it is possible for him to live quite a good life like that. It just takes a little more extra care

Back
Top Bottom