Who said superworms were only for chameleons..

Symbiot

Haha, what a day. I was playing basketball with a couple of my friends earlier today and decided to give my veiled cham a couple superworms as a midday snack. While I was taking them outside to his cage one of my friends walked by and I dared him to eat one. Sure enough he put it in his mouth and ate it! I was pretty surprised but it was a great show. Afterward one of my other friends did the same and ate one as well. Guess they got their extra dose of protein in for the day. My brother recorded them both eating the superworms on his iphone. I'll see if I can get the video uploaded on the computer sometime soon so you all can see.

I go out back camping a lot, and I only pack reserve food, so If I don't catch any fish, or catch any small animals using the traps I make, I end up resorting to eating a lot of bugs, since they are so numerous, they're very nutritious, and don't always taste bad, it's more mental then anything.

I usually always have packs of BBQ meal worms laying around as a snack if I don't feel like eating chips.

To be completely honest, the stigma that bugs are gross to eat is a western world thing. The eastern world thrives on bugs, and if we stopped eating red meats and replaced them with things like gut loaded super worms and insects, we'd be a much healthier race, especially with the way our commercial meats are prepared these days.

Just my gross 2 cents :)

HELL YEA LOL!
I saw a vid of some guy eat a adult cricket before :)

I saw a video online of an attractive woman eating a huge praying mantis! :eek:

so I gotta know, did they crunch and chew, or just swallow? either way yuk, yuk, yuk!!!

They both actually chewed the superworm before swallowing it! And opened their mouths to show us they had chewed it down. It's all on video. Definitely not the most pleasant image, haha.

I go out back camping a lot, and I only pack reserve food, so If I don't catch any fish, or catch any small animals using the traps I make, I end up resorting to eating a lot of bugs, since they are so numerous, they're very nutritious, and don't always taste bad, it's more mental then anything.

I usually always have packs of BBQ meal worms laying around as a snack if I don't feel like eating chips.

To be completely honest, the stigma that bugs are gross to eat is a western world thing. The eastern world thrives on bugs, and if we stopped eating red meats and replaced them with things like gut loaded super worms and insects, we'd be a much healthier race, especially with the way our commercial meats are prepared these days.

Just my gross 2 cents :)

I agree, I've heard insects can actually be pretty healthy for you. If I was in a life death scenario and there wasn't any other food around I'd resort to eating insects, but definitely not as a dare, haha.

Back
Top Bottom