Pedro update

Mad Dog Murphy

Established Member
Hi all, had Pedro 6 weeks today, i believe he’s settled in nicely, eating huge amounts of small crickets daily and likes to stalk the odd fruit fly that appears in there, fecal looks good and generally most days same place, never see him drink though via the dripper but judging by his eyes I don’t believe him to be dehydrated , I do give him a meal worm on my hand every now and again as I want him to get familiar with it, not planning to handle him loads but be good in case I need too, he gets a right speed up when he sees my hand coming in now😆 currently he’s on his second shed since having him, was a real surprise how quickly that came on, I put crickets in his feeder cup and left for work, back in 5hrs later he looked terrible and more pissed off looking than usual , the majority was off within 2 days but little bits hung around for a couple more days,not sure if I should stop the nightly mistings while he sheds? I’ll attach a couple pictures from yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_9822.jpeg
    IMG_9822.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9823.jpeg
    IMG_9823.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9824.jpeg
    IMG_9824.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 16
I don’t change my misting schedule when my chams shed. They always manage to get it all off. Does he have some nice big leaves he can take shelter under from the misting?

Yes a big cheese plant among others but he’s favourite sleeping place of late is on the humidity lead😆 admittedly he doesn’t appear to get wet there, a bit off subject but while your here, are chams susceptible to picking up bugs from humans, i.e im feeling like I might be getting a cold/flu type, is it best to hand duty’s over to my wife and steer clear of him?

Yes a big cheese plant among others but he’s favourite sleeping place of late is on the humidity lead😆 admittedly he doesn’t appear to get wet there, a bit off subject but while your here, are chams susceptible to picking up bugs from humans, i.e im feeling like I might be getting a cold/flu type, is it best to hand duty’s over to my wife and steer clear of him?
Only bacterial not viral so a cold or flu is not a problem. Even if you had strep/bacterial fine as long as you wash hands well first.

You said…”judging by his eyes I don’t believe him to be dehydrated”…don’t judge by the eyes because they can be sunken in for various reasons…go by the colour of the urates…white = well hydrated, slightly orange=hydrated and very orange =dehydrated as a rule.

You said…”judging by his eyes I don’t believe him to be dehydrated”…don’t judge by the eyes because they can be sunken in for various reasons…go by the colour of the urates…white = well hydrated, slightly orange=hydrated and very orange =dehydrated as a rule.
Thanks for the post, urates have been a nice solid white for the most part, some have a slight orange tinge on the very tip sometimes, luckily he does them in the same spot so easily checked and removed and usually when I’m watching him, just comes over with intent and go’s like a dirty protest 😆

Back
Top Bottom