What????? Omg! Lmao!

Ozzie2011

OK so I got my shipment from Coastal Silkworms and OMG I just ordered a Pod of hornworms and a pod of silkworms and the silkworms are huge but Ozzie can handle those but the hornworms...:eek: They are bigger than Ozzie LMAO!! What am I suppose to do with these?? HOLY MACKREL I cannot stop laughing and let me just say I had shown one of these HUGE hornworms to Ozzie and I never seen him move so fast but I cannot chop them in half so what do I do with them?? Did they grow that much in the 2 days they were in transit?? LMAO!!!!

Coastal is crazy with their worms!
I love that company!, but the horned grow fast, just not sure that fast.
if hu call Clara I am sure she will send you smaller ones.
I always ask for really small, cause she sends sooo many

How do I send these back to her? Gawd they are monsters!! I did not expect them to be so huge or I would have asked for tiny ones LOL!! This was my first time ordering from them.

I don't think she will ask for them back. Maybe find someone with beardie's? Or a mom/pop pet store might take them. I would think she would just send more, but ask her first, don't take my thinking for granted!

Well I think I assumed they were small since they grow so fast and it did not have the option to choose sm, md or lrg....ugh maybe I should have asked before I placed an order instead of assuming...I will call her to ask if there is an option that maybe I missed.

Ok so I spoke to Coastal silkworms and he said just next time call in my order and specify that I want 1/2" hornworms but he said honestly I needed to wait until my Cham was 6 months old at least to offer him hornworms? At the bottom of the container some of the hornworms look smaller, like 1 inch....would it be ok if I offer Ozzie some that size? He is eating silkworms that are 1 inch? I don't want to feed him anymore today so I will maybe try the hornworms tomorrow if I can dig out the smaller ones ....yulk! The Dude from Coastal silkworms told me to offer Ozzie super worms over mealies? He also said when I place my next order he would give me an xtra tub of my choice of worms.

Most of the hornworms in the container are 3" and bigger :O Ozzie is only 4 1/2 months and I don't want him to over eat cuz he has a tendency to do that.

seriously, i got some from mullberry as babies..i think my cham ate like five..the rest where ginormous in like three to four days!!!

when i get hornworms thats all i feed mine till they are all gone because they grow so fast.it helps to keep them in a cool place,not a frigerator..they grow faster when warm.

Lol, I fed adult hornworms only to my HUGE veiled male, he's about the only one big enough to handle those. The are even bigger than the pinkies I give him.

So should I feed him any tomorrow of the hornworms? I mean the smaller ones and not the monster Goliath ones LOL!! Seriously he is puffed up like a ballon from eating a bunch of the silkworms.

its okay, sincethey are soft its not bad, just make sure they are small enough...

hornare aso very good to hydrate chams:D

I had a shipment from mulberry go wrong and they sent me goliaths.. I thought because they were soft that he could handle a medium one... NOT he got it half down and just sat and stared at me... Like are you going to save me or what?? I put my hand in the cage and for the first, and only time... He walked right up to me and I had to pull the worm away from him... No bueno el goliatho

Ugh Thanks I did not want to hear that :( How are they different from silkworms? I see some of the silkworms have horns also. It looks to me that they are both easily squished. How big was your Cham Sean and how big was the hornworm?
I had a shipment from mulberry go wrong and they sent me goliaths.. I thought because they were soft that he could handle a medium one... NOT he got it half down and just sat and stared at me... Like are you going to save me or what?? I put my hand in the cage and for the first, and only time... He walked right up to me and I had to pull the worm away from him... No bueno el goliatho

Stan's about 7" nose to vent and 13" total and he's 5 months old.... The worm wasn't as wide but it was about 1.5" long... It bunched up when I grabbed it lol so it seemed smaller until it was too late and Stan had spotted his next meal... they get MASSIVE though... I had one from that cup that went COMPLETELY to waste get to almost 3 inches and about 1/2" diameter... He was unbelievable.. What actually eats those damn things??

Bearded dragons LOVE them. All of mine destroy them the moment they hit the floor. I'm actually surprised your cham couldnt handle a worm being that big, my little female tackles 1 in. hornworms with no problem. Matter of fact yesterday she ate 2 1 inch silkworms at the same time lol. The difference between silks and horns is size, and that hornworms bite so i wouldnt actually touch them. Also silks are harder to care for. You think the hornworms r bad, let a few of them turn into their moth. Ugliest animal i've ever seen..

I have fed my panther horns from before he was 3 mo I just ordered a baby cup from Mulberry and dusted them and fed them off. They are my cham's very favorite he will literally run across the cage for them he has eaten up to 1 1/4" ones and had no problem with them. Once he zapped one and it didn't let go of the leaf (they have strong grip) and he had to run fast to the worm rather than the worm coming to him. I love the horns they are easier to take care of than silks and chams love green feeders. Just know that your 4mo can't eat any size of worm.

I love the horns too lol. I grab em out the cup but everytime they whip around to latch on to me I drop them XD I literaly didn't have to do anything to take care of my horns.... besides just cleaning out the poop and making sure to whipe out all the moisture and if I seen any mold in the chow to dig it out as soon as I seen it. My Veilds love em. Though my Veilds are a year old so... the bigger ones werent a problem. XD I did have one get 4" I didn't even attempt to feed that to them. I put all my larger ones to pupate but sadly... They dried out =[[ I was hoping to watch them turn into moths but I didn't keep the soil moist enough.

I would not feed the large hornworms. They have a very firm grip and can hold on to the back of your cham mouth or throat. They could choke him. I had this happen to a large (100 gram) female panther and it was just a medium to small hornworm. I was out of town but my cham sitter was able to run her finger down Bertha's mouth and put the worm on down her throat.

doenst mullberry farms also sell eggs so you can raise them from hatchlng to full size. that way you can see just how large they grow in your own time frame.

Back
Top Bottom