washing hibiscus

davieb769

i just got a hibiscus that i ordered off line. i know you are sopposed to wash it with soapy water, but will rinsing with very hot water be enough?

i would just wash with warm water. it is easy to stress a hibiscus plant. i don't repot as well. when i do it is a 50/50 chance whether or not the plant will survive so i just go with the large river rocks on top so that my chams cant get to the soil.

I used Hibiscus for a short time and hated them they drop leaves and can't handle lots of water. I perfer Pothos there very nice to look at and very hardy. I wash my plants with Dawn soap and bleach mixture in a 5 gallon bucket. Make sure you submerge the plant all the way. Rinse well!!

I wash all my hibiscus with soapy solution. After that, then I use organic soil woith no additives, fertilizer, etc etc.
So far, every single of the plants, except 1, thrives.

The dead one is because I forgot to water it (put outside).

what if...

what if you have 4 foot shefflera that needs to be repotted and resoiled? Shoul I take it to the car wash? jk! My buddy suggested I put coco fiber in place of soil with rocks on top. Does that sound good?

what if you have 4 foot shefflera that needs to be repotted and resoiled? Shoul I take it to the car wash? jk! My buddy suggested I put coco fiber in place of soil with rocks on top. Does that sound good?

as far as repotting, i don't see the reason why it can be hard.
Just use a tiny shovel and start digging the soil.

Back
Top Bottom