Enclosure Review + Which Arcadia Jungle Dawn Wattage to use for Plants

minty-fresh

Hello! Just recently got our first new chameleon, with a bunch of plants like photos, ivy, umbrella plant and a hibiscus (thinking of setting down the ivy a bit more and replacing the hibiscus with a dracaena plant) but so I want to keep these plants alive and healthy with a plant light, and I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Arcadia Jungle Dawn plant light. Which wattage do I go with if I have a 24x24x48 enclosure? I don't want the light to be too strong for the cham, but not too weak either for the plants.. I attached some pictures of the enclosure, so some feedback of it would be wonderful!! We are going to be putting her in here tonight, I have a 5.0 T5 UVB bulb, 50watt basking bulb and going to be putting some sand in the container as a laying bin. I would love some insight on this please!! The cage looks way fuller in person for some reason but any insight or criticism would be greatly appreciated as we want her to be comfortable and happy! Thank you guys for your time

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg

Hey there the wattage for Jungle dawn relates to the length of fixture. :)
So to have a fixture run the length you could do a 22inch which is their 34 watt. Or 18inches is 22 watt . THis would be for the regular jungle dawn fixtures. I would do the 22inch since you have hibiscus.

If you have a veiled you will wanna pull out the ivy... :)

For the lay bin... Make sure you can pull it out when you need to take out eggs. You will want to drill tiny holes in the bottom so it can drain off water from misting the cage.

Hey there the wattage for Jungle dawn relates to the length of fixture. :)
So to have a fixture run the length you could do a 22inch which is their 34 watt. Or 18inches is 22 watt . THis would be for the regular jungle dawn fixtures. I would do the 22inch since you have hibiscus.

If you have a veiled you will wanna pull out the ivy... :)
Thank you for the help! Is ivy not good for veiled chameleons? I have heard they're a good option..

Thank you for the help! Is ivy not good for veiled chameleons? I have heard they're a good option..
No because they actively eat their plants... Ivy can be toxic so we do not even try with Veileds since they are like toddlers eating everything. You can use anything from the image that says veiled tested.
plants 2024.png

I too recommend the 34w 22in for the enclosure. I bought the 18in in error, looked at the wattage as length 🤦🏼‍♀️ didn’t return it thinking it would be ok and now I’m sorry I didn’t. The 18 in works fine, it’s just the 22in will be much better.

Back
Top Bottom