Veiled female MBD, possible constipation

I have read this post from start to finish and I would like to say what an amazing job you did nursing Pascal back to health. I am sorry for your loss. RIP Pascal.

Thanks for your input, but I don't think that MBD explains her very extended and firm belly...

she might not only have MBD but she might have eggs. Dont use substrate for chameleons as they can shoot their tounge and choke or become constipated. You do need a UVB bb unless that heat bulb is also a UVB but those come in high watts so that would be too much for the glass tank. Chameleons should be well ventilated, mesh is best. Good luck

Thanks for your input, but I don't think that MBD explains her very extended and firm belly...

she might not only have MBD but she might have eggs. Dont use substrate for chameleons as they can shoot their tounge and choke or become constipated. You do need a UVB bb unless that heat bulb is also a UVB but those come in high watts so that would be too much for the glass tank. Chameleons should be well ventilated, mesh is best. Im just noticed she passed away, you did try and we learn every day.

Chameleongalore - did you read the 37 pages of this thread to see that riven started from scratch and changed anything that needed to be changed and went through so, so much to get her chameleon healthy again? It doesn't appear so based on your ignorant comments. You really think she died now of being eggbound since september of 2011? Because that's when the thread started. This is not the place for half hearted critiques. Express your condolences or move on.

Riven - I am so very sorry for your loss. I know you did everything you could for sweet Pascal and went above and beyond to get her back in good health. Your thread will continue to inspire others looking for hope with their little MBD chams. They never stay with us as long as we'd like. She was blessed to have such a caring home to recover and live happily in. Sounds like your girls gave her a very nice goodbye. My most sincere condolences to you and your family during this difficult time. :(

My veiled chameleon is a bit older than yours and I started having problems with MBD just about the same time as yours. Just correct her supplement schedule. Calcium WITHOUT vitamin D3 at every feeding, Calcium WITH vitamin D3 twice a month and a multivitamin twice a month. As long as she's still eating, that should help stop the MBD from getting worse.
How does her poop/urate look? What are you feeding her?

Please read through the thread before commenting.

She passed away some time ago.

I just read through and as soon as I did I felt like a complete JERK! I am SO sorry! Sometimes I'm a bit impatient. Again, I'm very sorry!!!:(

Back
Top Bottom