Things I bumped into today

Sweet, congrats on the little Shinisaurus. :)

Yust a question, did the female hybernate before giving birth?
We know a few breeders and their animals seem to go in hybernation gravid, and give birth no sooner than januari/februari after they had a few month's of sleep.

Greetings.

Sweet, congrats on the little Shinisaurus. :)

Yust a question, did the female hybernate before giving birth?
We know a few breeders and their animals seem to go in hybernation gravid, and give birth no sooner than januari/februari after they had a few month's of sleep.

Greetings.

I wish I could tell you but unfortunately I do not closely monitor my Shins. I make sure there is food in there for them and that they are eating. However if you have worked with them or read about them you will know they are a little strange and can spend quite a bit of time hidden or submerged. When I first worked with them years ago this used to freak me out as I just knew they were dying but now I just let them do their thing. I noticed the female was getting plump a month ago but I no longer count chickens lol.

Haha okay no problem, we are thinking of getting some as well and are gathering as much info as possible.

Grts.

Haha okay no problem, we are thinking of getting some as well and are gathering as much info as possible.

Grts.

There is info out there, I'm sure they went dormant over winter as they are outside in Florida. So while we get temps into the freezing range, it's not very often. They were certainly less active during the winter. They get roaches, earth worms and the odd silk or horn worm. Years ago I had another pair that loved Betas ( the fish )

Back
Top Bottom