Bump on nose

Gloriawood

Chameleon Enthusiast
Spaghetti has this bump on his nose. He has always had a little bump on the tip of his nose, but I noticed this morning he has a bigger one right next to it. He is still himself and it doesn’t seem to be bothering him. Anyone have any idea of what this is?

Last photo is an old one so you can compare what it was like before.

Attachments

• IMG_1142.jpeg
    IMG_1142.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1141.jpeg
    IMG_1141.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1140.jpeg
    IMG_1140.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0827.jpeg
    IMG_0827.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 16
I have not tried anything yet. I will do that this afternoon when I get off work. I just noticed it this morning and only had a second to snap a pic.

I would take him to the reptile vet at this point. Something is going on that would be causing that much inflammation and swelling.
Ok I’ll call this afternoon and make an appointment. Is there anything I can try in the meantime?

Ok I’ll call this afternoon and make an appointment. Is there anything I can try in the meantime?
I dunno nothing that I could imagine that wouldn't cause him a lot of stress. With the swelling that could be infection. Could have started as a small nasal issue that has now gotten worse. But that is just me guessing.

So he has an abscess. The vet drained it with a needle, looked at it under a microscope and gave antibiotics. He said since it was liquid and not like cottage cheese texture like the usually are, he’s gonna try the antibiotics first. If it come back, he wants him to come back and get a light sedative so he can go in and clean it out real good. Here’s some pics from the vet. The first two are before he drained it. It went down ALOT. Last pic is the bill. Much cheaper than I expected.

The vet I see is not on the list. There are no vets in Missouri on it. This is the third time I’ve seen him. He seems pretty good. The nurse was a little rough, but he quickly corrected her and told her she has to be more gentle so that made me happy.

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpeg
    IMG_1151.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1153.jpeg
    IMG_1153.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1152.jpeg
    IMG_1152.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1150.jpeg
    IMG_1150.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1142.jpeg
    IMG_1142.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1154.jpeg
    IMG_1154.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 19
So he has an abscess. The vet drained it with a needle, looked at it under a microscope and gave antibiotics. He said since it was liquid and not like cottage cheese texture like the usually are, he’s gonna try the antibiotics first. If it come back, he wants him to come back and get a light sedative so he can go in and clean it out real good. Here’s some pics from the vet. The first two are before he drained it. It went down ALOT. Last pic is the bill. Much cheaper than I expected.

The vet I see is not on the list. There are no vets in Missouri on it. This is the third time I’ve seen him. He seems pretty good. The nurse was a little rough, but he quickly corrected her and told her she has to be more gentle so that made me happy.
Ugh abscesses can be a pain! Glad the vet did well! Hope he recovers soon! Did the vet say anything about there being a lasting dimple or bump from it in the future? When Nachito had her abscess drained they said that there maybe be a bump where it was in the future (and there is). Did they tell you anything like that? 🤔

Also omg he is so freaking cute and angry XD

Last edited:
Ugh abscesses can be a pain! Glad the vet did well! Hope he recovers soon! Did the vet say anything about there being a lasting dimple or bump from it in the future? When Nachito had her abscess drained they said that there maybe be a bump where it was in the future (and she does). Did they tell you anything like that? 🤔

Also omg he is so freaking cute and angry XD
No he didn’t say anything about that. He does have a dimple right now. He talked like I would most likely have to come back in though. 🤞 we don’t have to. He seemed surprised that it was a liquid abscess.

Back
Top Bottom