Sick of crickets?

rachelk

Why is it that chams get sick of crickets? My cham is not interested in them and hasn't been for a long time now... He still eats kale on a regular basis and supers every couple of weeks, but he hardly ever eats his crickets, he use to eat 5-7 a day, then it went from every other day and slowly to rarely ever...? He is a 9 -10 month old veiled...

I've read so many other posts on here about people's chams not eating crickets...

It is very likely that at 9-10 months of age he has slowed down and will not eat as much.

Are you feeding everyday? I would switch to every other day at this point in his life.

~Ryan

I would also start thinking of adding a few other feeders . Silkworms and Hornworms are great and throw in a few extra Supers if he is eating those.

I usually offer him at least 4 crickets every day in a cup, if he eats those, I'll add 4 more, but he does seem to be getting on an every other day feeding schedule, but lately, he is just not interested in crickets, he is eating other things though so I'm not worried if he is sick or anything... or should I be?

I would also start thinking of adding a few other feeders . Silkworms and Hornworms are great and throw in a few extra Supers if he is eating those.

I can't really use those as his main feeder though ya know... How many worms do you feed your cham?

I usually offer him at least 4 crickets every day in a cup, if he eats those, I'll add 4 more, but he does seem to be getting on an every other day feeding schedule, but lately, he is just not interested in crickets, he is eating other things though so I'm not worried if he is sick or anything... or should I be?

No need to worry he is just going through what they all go through. Its perfectly normal.

Only offer him food every other day and you will see improvments. I due this with a treat every now and then on a off day. I also do not give them anything on Sundays. That is a no food day for my reptiles. I never let two days go by without food.

Back
Top Bottom