Something is wrong

Hello guys that's me again. I am worried about my chameleon. In previous thread, I was worried about his leg because he fell from the chair. After few days the leg got swollen and I made vet appointment. Vet made x-ray and he told me only that it was bumped. But after month leg looks same(swollen). Other problem, I noticed that my Cham has on the back side of his front legs small bulge (I don't think it is normal). What is worse, my Cham can't properly shoot with his tongue(but he wants to eat). He can't even drink. I saw that he has something white on his tongue. Any guesses what it can be?
Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - 10 months old male nosy be panther chameleon. He has been in my care for 7 months.
  • Handling - I reduced to max 20 minutes a day due to his swollen leg. I only take him out if he want.
  • Feeding - 10 crickets a day. I am gut-loading feeders with fruits and salat. But now he is not able to eat because he can't shoot.
  • Supplements - I am using repti-planet calcium a repti-planet vitamins. Every feeding calcium (without D3) and every 2 weeks vitamins.
  • Watering - I hand-mist his enclosure in the morning and evening.
  • Fecal Description - Last urate was more orange and the other part was dark-brown.
  • History - He had an accident month ago, he fell from the chair. I had vet appointment 3 months ago because he was eating only 3-5 crickets per day but vet told me that it is normal(he will eat as many as he want). I am also

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I am using glass enclosure. Dimensions are 60x45x90cm. I am planning to buy bigger enclosure.
  • Lighting - Arcadia 6% 39W. Schedule is 12 hours on 12 hours off.
  • Temperature - Basking temp is between 29-32 degrees celsius. Temp range between floor and middle of the enclosure is 21 to 24 degrees celsius(as he goes higher temp is higher too).
  • Humidity - My humidity levels are in the range 40-60% but most of the time they are 40-50%. I have smart thermometer and hygrometer.
  • Plants - I use 3 live plants(ficus Benjamin, schefflera arboricola and Boston fern) and 2 fake plants.
  • Placement - Next to the window in the corner. I thing 1,2m. We sometimes walk around that place.
  • Location - Europe, Slovakia

Attachments

• tempImageEGUCiN.png
    tempImageEGUCiN.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • tempImagef5xWrw.png
    tempImagef5xWrw.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • tempImageydquKb.png
    tempImageydquKb.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImagetRcIFY.png
    tempImagetRcIFY.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3475.jpg
    IMG_3475.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 9
  • tempImageYHvv9H.png
    tempImageYHvv9H.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • tempImagecBMa5u.png
    tempImagecBMa5u.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • tempImageFEYARa.png
    tempImageFEYARa.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • tempImagew5ZVAX.png
    tempImagew5ZVAX.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
  • tempImageabkQBa.png
    tempImageabkQBa.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Hello! Your guy is super cute 😍 sorry he's not feeling well.

Can you post a picture of the supplements you are using? I'm worried about his tongue not being able to shoot.

Is the top of your enclosure mesh? If it's fully glass you won't be able to get enough UV light. What vegetables are you gut loading with?

I dont know about the leg.. is it the same one he fell on?

I can do a whole husbandry check in a couple of hours. Someone else may be able to do it sooner.

Hello! Your guy is super cute 😍 sorry he's not feeling well.

Can you post a picture of the supplements you are using? I'm worried about his tongue not being able to shoot.

Is the top of your enclosure mesh? If it's fully glass you won't be able to get enough UV light. What vegetables are you gut loading with?

I dont know about the leg.. is it the same one he fell on?

I can do a whole husbandry check in a couple of hours. Someone else may be able to do it sooner.
Yes the top of his enclosure is mesh and it is the same leg he fell on. I am gut-loading them with fruits(apples) and vegetables(salat) Here are pictures of supplements:

Attachments

• Snímka obrazovky 2024-04-08 o 21.17.38.png
    Snímka obrazovky 2024-04-08 o 21.17.38.png
    708 KB · Views: 7
  • Snímka obrazovky 2024-04-08 o 21.18.40.png
    Snímka obrazovky 2024-04-08 o 21.18.40.png
    716.3 KB · Views: 6
I feed him with crickets
Is that the only bug you give him? It’s better and healthier to offer a variety of bugs like bsfl, roaches, flies, etc. they’re available to order online. I like rainbow mealworms, a bug supplier online as well as dubia.com, another bug supplier and there’s a whole bunch more many of which are supporters of this forum. Just check under sponsors.

It’s recommended that we feed a variety of bugs to keep their interest and it’s healthier to. I feed my guy bsfl which are black soldier fly larvae and dubia roaches, super worms rarely, and silk worms. You can get a variety of bugs online from rainbow meal worms.com or dubia.com and there are others many of which are forum sponsors. It’s not that expensive to order a variety of bugs.

Is that the only bug you give him? It’s better and healthier to offer a variety of bugs like bsfl, roaches, flies, etc. they’re available to order online. I like rainbow mealworms, a bug supplier online as well as dubia.com, another bug supplier and there’s a whole bunch more many of which are supporters of this forum. Just check under sponsors.
Yes it is only bug I feed him I don't know anybody who sells Dubia Roaches or another kind of bug in Europe

Meal worms aren’t the best but dubia roaches are good. Maybe check online and see if there are any insect suppliers in Europe. I know there are other members here who live in Europe. Maybe they know. Why don’t you ask in the chameleon food section of the forum. I’m sure someone will help you.

Meal worms aren’t the best but dubia roaches are good. Maybe check online and see if there are any insect suppliers in Europe. I know there are other members here who live in Europe. Maybe they know. Why don’t you ask in the chameleon food section of the forum. I’m sure someone will help you.
Yes I will but right now I need to figure out what is happening with him. Hopefully tomorrow I have vet appointment.

Hey there... So I would change out the supplements. The reptiplanet multivitamin only has the D3 it does not have vitamin A. They should have a multivitamin with D3 and A two times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Repashy Calcium plus LoD version is what I would get to replace this one. Then you would use the reptiplanet calcium at all other feedings as it is just a plain calcium without D3.

Vitamin A is needed for proper targeting.

Basking temp is too hot should be 27-29 max.

Now for those legs... Definitely something going on there. Looks like gout possibly on that front one at the joint. Possibly what is contributing to the back one as well. This can be linked with dehydration in chams. You would need a vet to run blood work to see if that is what is going on and see what his uric acid levels are doing.

I do not see any signs of edema.

Hey there... So I would change out the supplements. The reptiplanet multivitamin only has the D3 it does not have vitamin A. They should have a multivitamin with D3 and A two times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Repashy Calcium plus LoD version is what I would get to replace this one. Then you would use the reptiplanet calcium at all other feedings as it is just a plain calcium without D3.

Vitamin A is needed for proper targeting.

Basking temp is too hot should be 27-29 max.

Now for those legs... Definitely something going on there. Looks like gout possibly on that front one at the joint. Possibly what is contributing to the back one as well. This can be linked with dehydration in chams. You would need a vet to run blood work to see if that is what is going on and see what his uric acid levels are doing.

I do not see any signs of edema.
Okay I will change supplements

I would have the blood work done... But I do not understand your vet saying that the xray was fine and it was just bumped? What was seen on the xray of the back leg?
Actually I don't really remember but it seemed to be normal. About blood work I don't think that vet will do it because last time he told me that my Cham was too small for blood work. Maybe the x-ray wasn't good quality

Actually I don't really remember but it seemed to be normal. About blood work I don't think that vet will do it because last time he told me that my Cham was too small for blood work. Maybe the x-ray wasn't good quality
My little girl got blood work done last week -- our vet mentioned that she used an insulin needle as they're much smaller to draw the blood. Maybe that could help...

My little girl got blood work done last week -- our vet mentioned that she used an insulin needle as they're much smaller to draw the blood. Maybe that could help...
Yes, thank you so much I will tell him if he will be saying again that blood work cannot be done

Reactions: M&M
Back
Top Bottom