Chameleon's leg

Hello guys, I have male 10 months old panther chameleon and week ago he had an accident, he fell from the chair. I don't know if it is just me or his left hind leg(ankle) is swollen. He is walking, climbing normally but sometimes I see his leg dangling.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - 10 months old male nosy be panther chameleon. He has been in my care for 7 months.
  • Handling - 1 hour a day if he wants to go out of his enclosure.
  • Feeding - 10 crickets a day. I am gut-loading feeders with fruits and salat.
  • Supplements - I am using repti-planet calcium a repti-planet vitamins. Every feeding calcium (without D3) and every 2 weeks vitamins.
  • Watering - I hand-mist his enclosure in the morning and evening.
  • Fecal Description - Urate is white-creamy and the other part is dark brown.
  • History - He had an accident week ago, he fell from the chair.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I am using glass enclosure. Dimensions are 60x45x90cm. I am planning to buy bigger enclosure.
  • Lighting - Arcadia 6% 39W. Schedule is 12 hours on 12 hours off.
  • Temperature - Basking temp is between 29-32 degrees celsius. Temp range between floor and middle of the enclosure is 21 to 24 degrees celsius(as he goes higher temp is higher too).
  • Humidity - My humidity levels are in the range 40-60% but most of the time they are 40-50%. I have smart thermometer and hygrometer.
  • Plants - I use 3 live plant (ficus Benjamin, schefflera arboricola and Boston fern) and 2 fake plants.
  • Placement - Next to the window in the corner. I thing 1,2m. We sometimes walk around that place.
  • Location - Europe, Slovakia

Attachments

• IMG_3355.jpeg
    IMG_3355.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3356.jpeg
    IMG_3356.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3359.jpeg
    IMG_3359.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3360.jpeg
    IMG_3360.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 13
  • tempImage7NJgqO.png
    tempImage7NJgqO.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImageylOsDQ.png
    tempImageylOsDQ.png
    879.1 KB · Views: 14
  • tempImage298WJu.png
    tempImage298WJu.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
Hi. He’s gorgeous! :love: To my eyes, he does seem to have a bit of swelling around and just below the knee. @Beman - your eyes are always better than mine - what do you think? Is he able to grip with his foot? Chameleons are a bit sturdier than we think when it comes to falls. When threatened they will throw themselves out of their tree if that’s their only option to save themselves, and they usually can walk away.
Your husbandry looks fine to me. Maybe keep your basking temp closer to 29 but that’s all.

Hi. He’s gorgeous! :love: To my eyes, he does seem to have a bit of swelling around and just below the knee. @Beman - your eyes are always better than mine - what do you think? Is he able to grip with his foot? Chameleons are a bit sturdier than we think when it comes to falls. When threatened they will throw themselves out of their tree if that’s their only option to save themselves, and they usually can walk away.
Your husbandry looks fine to me. Maybe keep your basking temp closer to 29 but that’s all.
I think he is able to grip but it is weak. Do you think he needs vet appointment?

I dunno looks more muscular then anything to me... I would observe it and make sure that he is using it correctly and your not seeing real swelling.

Back
Top Bottom