Say What?!?

UrbanChameleon

Let me just say, I have no explanation for what I just walked into. I have seen Chameleons do some weird stuff in my day, but this one just warmed my heart/made me pee my pants. Lol.

These pics are of my Ambilobe Loki. He is a very light sleeper. The slightest thing wakes him up. So I always cover up his cage with a sheet when the room light is on. Every night when I go to cover his cage, I have to check and see where he is sleeping. It just makes me feel more comfortable knowing where he is. And this is what I walked in on tonight...

photo-171.jpg

photo-172.jpg

You can't tell me that's not hilarious!
I cannot believe he is sleeping on the floor in a corner! That is by far the weirdest sleeping position he's gotten himself into. The only other being going to bed on his thermometer wire. Which made him look like a banana. Haha!
He started to wake up so I couldn't get better pics, but it still gets the point across. Has anyone had a Cham sleep on the floor like this? I never expected this one!

Is he always that colour when he sleeps? I don't know how old he is.. But my small pool of knowledge tells me that a chameleons hanging out/sleeping on the floor is a bad thing. Plus, I know with my panther when he sleeps he gets the prettiest shade of pastely teal.

Is he always that colour when he sleeps? I don't know how old he is.. But my small pool of knowledge tells me that a chameleons hanging out/sleeping on the floor is a bad thing. Plus, I know with my panther when he sleeps he gets the prettiest shade of pastely teal.

He had just gone to bed. He's usually a shade light shade of white, blue, and red when he sleeps. Loki was just dark because he had only been asleep for about 20 minutes.

He's around 4 months or so. I would usually get paranoid about something like this, but he just ended up there. Haha! That's actually the only time I've ever seen him touch the floor! Not even when hunting crickets. He's perfectly healthy, just being a young Chameleon. Lol.

If he happened to be on the floor exploring T bed time its possibly he just went to sleep where he was. Some Chams sleep wherever they are when lights go off others move to a sleep spot it just depends.

Hmmm. I am glad you find it so hilarious. Hope you are right, that he just fell asleep on the floor in the corner. Tomorrow morning, please let us know he climbed back onto his tree perch...

Are you guys serious? Whatever.

I'll just keep things like this to myself from now on. Anytime a Chameleon does anything out of the ordinary, that obviously means something is wrong. Jesus. You act like my Chameleon is dying on the floor because I neglect him, and now I'm laughing while he's withering away. Get ahold of yourself.

He passed out where he was. Thank you camimom. :)

I'll just keep things like this to myself from now on. Anytime a Chameleon does anything out of the ordinary, that obviously means something is wrong. Jesus. You act like my Chameleon is dying on the floor because I neglect him, and now I'm laughing while he's withering away. Get ahold of yourself.

No need to get hostile:p I guess people are just concerned, I hope he is alright though:)

I've had chameleons sleep in bizarre places, including the floor. I'm sure they do it to freak us out. Natalie, Loki is going to be very upset if he thinks you found it funny. He'll probably never do it again because it totally did not get the effect he was going for.

I don't believe anyone said anything that was meant to be taken as rude. Just showing some concern is all.

Both Angel and Ringo sleep in different places every night. Lights go off at 8pm but both are ready for bed at 7pm. When I go in the room I tell them good night and I turn off the light: I check to see where they are sleeping before I leave the room. Then before I go to bed I go back in the room to check on them. I leave the blinds open so most of the time they move from the 1st spot I see them in to a new spot. I'm probably a paranoid cham parent and my husband has even said that I take better care of them than I take care of him :rolleyes:

He is cute little guy.

No need to get hostile:p I guess people are just concerned, I hope he is alright though:)

I wasn't calling you out. You came off concerned, not judgmental. So no harm done.

Trust me, I freak out if my Chameleons look at me wrong. Lol. I would be the first to say if something wasn't right. :)

I've had chameleons sleep in bizarre places, including the floor. I'm sure they do it to freak us out. Natalie, Loki is going to be very upset if he thinks you found it funny. He'll probably never do it again because it totally did not get the effect he was going for.

Hahaha! That sounds more like my Veiled. He loves to get a rise out of me.

Don't they live to freak us out? Lol. Luckily, Loki is really chill. He's a nice change of pace from my other animals. I think he smokes weed all day when I walk out of the room.

Both Angel and Ringo sleep in different places every night. Lights go off at 8pm but both are ready for bed at 7pm. When I go in the room I tell them good night and I turn off the light: I check to see where they are sleeping before I leave the room. Then before I go to bed I go back in the room to check on them. I leave the blinds open so most of the time they move from the 1st spot I see them in to a new spot. I'm probably a paranoid cham parent and my husband has even said that I take better care of them than I take care of him :rolleyes:

He is cute little guy.

Thank you. :)

And I totally understand! I can't sleep at night without checking on my Chams.

Your poor husband. I took myself shopping and out to eat last week. I came home feeling so good and happy. I was like.. dang, I haven't bought myself anything in months! No joke. Every extra minute/dollar I have goes towards my Chameleons. I take better care of them than myself. Haha! And you don't even realize it either! Hopefully your husband is a good guy and understands. It's like having children. I constantly buy things I don't need to get for them. I have no idea how people with "real" children keep Chameleons.

It's like having children. I constantly buy things I don't need to get for them. I have no idea how people with "real" children keep Chameleons.

The child is extremely jealous of the chameleon...that's how. My daughter says she refuses to believe the chameleons exist, they are nothing to her, she will not discuss them, look at them, let her friends look at them.

The child is extremely jealous of the chameleon...that's how. My daughter says she refuses to believe the chameleons exist, they are nothing to her, she will not discuss them, look at them, let her friends look at them.

What! That blows my mind! How old is your daughter?

I would have thought my mom was awesome for owning Chameleons. She might grow out of that as she gets older. When I was nine, my dad would play Steve Miller Band in the car. It would embarrass the crap out of me and I would throw a hissy fit. Once I hit fourteen years old I loved that band! Haha!

Depending on her age, it could be that she just hates anything you do. Almost all normal young girls hate anything to do with their parents. So I bet she'll change her mind as she gets older. Unless she legitimately has a deep jealous hatred towards Chameleons. Lol. Don't worry.. I still think you're cool. ;)

Just because I love him.. here's some daytime pics of Loki.

My favorite. : )
photo-168.jpg

The pic doesn't show it off too well, but he was dark green/black with red running all down his spine. He looked like a little dragon.
photo-170.jpg

Feeling blue?
photo-1631.jpg

And one ticked off Loki for good luck..
photo-167.jpg

My baby veiled pased out on the floor too , I can laugh now because he was totally fine and happy but at the time I hought he died! I had to shine light and check his ribs to see if he was breathing haha but ya they just do that sometimes ;)

Back
Top Bottom