Sleeping spots

Moval77

Hi All, just got my first chameleon three days ago. A 4 month old ambilobe male. Is it ok for him to choose the lowest vine possible to sleep? He always chooses that same one. It concerns me to think he might get cold at night. The lowest it gets in the cage is 70 F. Also, i notice he is always a grayish dark green color. Is it because he is still getting used to his new home?

Attachments

• IMG_2070.jpeg
    IMG_2070.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi and welcome!! I’m not sure about temps for panthers as I have a veiled. But yes, it can take up to 2 weeks for them to settle in their new home. Glad to have you both here and hope you stick around!

Hi All, just got my first chameleon three days ago. A 4 month old ambilobe male. Is it ok for him to choose the lowest vine possible to sleep? He always chooses that same one. It concerns me to think he might get cold at night. The lowest it gets in the cage is 70 F. Also, i notice he is always a grayish dark green color. Is it because he is still getting used to his new home?
Hi and welcome! :) It’s fine that he’s sleeping low. However they find comfortable to sleep is good. They can be a bit weird at times with where or how they choose, but it’s all their choice. Eventually he’ll find and settle on a specific area and might start going to it a little bit before lights go out. His area might change too.
About his color, I’d like to see some more pics of him - with his tail sticking out if possible. Just want to confirm that you do indeed have a boy. I pretty much suck at sexing panthers, but will tag others once you post some pics. I’d also like to see some pics of the entire enclosure, including your lights.
As for temps, you want there to be a good drop in temperature at night. Below 68-70 is ideal if you can achieve that.

Hello and welcome! What a little darling you have!! You’ve gotten some great info from Miss Skittles so far. Just let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We are all here to help :)

Welcome to the group! I simply come to demand more pictures, please 😀

Back
Top Bottom