Reptile fogger for hoehnelii

fowlers

hi, i was just wondering if it would be ok to use one of these reptile foggers (zoo med external fogger) to raise the humidity at night for my lil hoehneliies. i have read (Chameleons - Natures Hidden Jewles) the humidity can go upt o 100% at night in the mountains where they originate. my enclosures have mesh panels so loses the humidity at night. it says the conditions need to be met for the animals to survive, also any info on breeding like female weights, size, age etc would be very grateful as info seems to be limited on this species.

many thanks
rob

i would just use a room humidfyer. they work great . and if you buy a nice one you can control the amount of steam it puts out. the reptile foggers are messy from my experiance. ( and overpriced for what they are.)

misting systems work a lot better, try a mistking.

it is not recommended to mist a chameleon at night, perhaps try making a DIY fogger to avoid the overpriced pet store brand :D I use to use a fogger when I kept Quads to keep the humidity from dropping at night.

it is not recommended to mist a chameleon at night, perhaps try making a DIY fogger to avoid the overpriced pet store brand :D I use to use a fogger when I kept Quads to keep the humidity from dropping at night.

Ooops, srry I forgot the nighttime part!

it is not recommended to mist a chameleon at night, perhaps try making a DIY fogger to avoid the overpriced pet store brand

Do you mean a DIY humidifer setup? Or are there really some DIY foggers? I have never seen any, but would like to if there are some.

If you do buy a reptile fogger for your hoehnelii, I wouldn't recommend the ZooMed Repti Fogger. I had mine for under a year before it broke. I think it was the disc, or whatever it is inside it, busted. You can buy replacement parts, but it's a pain.

hi, i was just wondering if it would be ok to use one of these reptile foggers (zoo med external fogger) to raise the humidity at night for my lil hoehneliies. i have read (Chameleons - Natures Hidden Jewles) the humidity can go upt o 100% at night in the mountains where they originate. my enclosures have mesh panels so loses the humidity at night. it says the conditions need to be met for the animals to survive, also any info on breeding like female weights, size, age etc would be very grateful as info seems to be limited on this species.

many thanks
rob
Make your own fogger, stay away from the REPTI FOGGER ( crap )!

i dont want to mist at night because there is know way for the water to evapourate. and it would cause U.R.I wouldn't it? i just wondered if the fogger would be safe for the hoehnelii.

If you do buy a reptile fogger for your hoehnelii, I wouldn't recommend the ZooMed Repti Fogger. I had mine for under a year before it broke. I think it was the disc, or whatever it is inside it, busted. You can buy replacement parts, but it's a pain.

i heard that the discs go on them, can you recommend another brand or a site which shows you how to make a fogger?

many thanks
rob

i heard that the discs go on them, can you recommend another brand or a site which shows you how to make a fogger?

many thanks
rob

Sorry, but I can't recommend a different fogger because I have never used any besides the one that broke. It was nice and added a lot of humidity to the enclosure, until it broke. And that was only MY experience with the Repti Fogger. If you ask around, there might be some people that have had no problems with it and would recommend them. Personally, for my chameleons, I just use a humidifier which shoots the room humidity up to around 50 percent. With the mistings, humidity hovers around 70-80 in the cages.

This article is really good to read if you want to know more about utilizing humidifiers.
http://www.chameleonnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=72

Last edited:
I believe that there is such a thing as a diy fogger, shouldnt be too hard to create actually. Do a search on the forum and on google.

What type on enclosure is the animal kept in?

the enclosure has a mesh top and front so isn't holding the humidity at night, its great during the day because it holds the humidity where i need it, but at night where the humidity goes upto 100% in the moutains where they originate, im having trouble creating this in the enclosures. so do you think a fogger would be ok running through the night for a few hours?

anybody had any luck breeding this species and want to share any info :rolleyes:

many thanks
rob

Back
Top Bottom