New owner of chameleon

Foliage means leaves. You need lots of leaf coverage so he has a place to hide. If he feels exposed then that will stress him out. I'd ask when you call what is best in the mean time. Check the sponsor list for those that are based in California and you might be able to buy supplements from their store rather than wait for delivery. Moss probably isn't as bad as other substrates but I would remove it to be safe. Moss needs a pretty high humidity to survive so it's likely it will die after a few weeks anyway. I use reptile carpet if you really want something on the floor. It can't be ingested and can be removed for cleaning.

Oh okay thank you so much I will call them ASAP I didn't know they needed a place to hide now I can see why he is always a little black .

I always bake my sticks. 200 degrees for about an hour, that should kill anything bad they may have on them. Foliage is leaves. I like to mix real and fake in my cages. You can get the soil at the store-I would just get a kind without vermiculite. I like organic soils myself.
Here is a link to lllreptiles I know they have veileds.
http://www.lllreptile.com there number is at the bottom of the site.

Yes, definitely take a picture of your hydrometer and thermometer and maybe I can help-someone on here will be able to if I can not.

My panther chameleon came from California :)

Okay can you just buy some soil at Home Depot ? And oh okay I will try to find some sticks when I get home today and remove the moss today when I get home hopefully sometime this weeks I can get to the flower shop and buy a nice plant as well get the supplements from the sponsors lots to do but thank you for you this really helps !!!! I will post the photo of the thermometer later on today my time will be around 6 pm I am not sure what your time will be. And that's cool! Panther chameleon are so pretty :)

Oh okay thank you so much I will call them ASAP I didn't know they needed a place to hide now I can see why he is always a little black .

How did you get on? Just to add, I looked in to the Repashy Calcium Plus and found many contradicting opinions. It does contain a lot of vitamin D3 and A so anyone thinking of using it daily should proceed with caution

How did you get on? Just to add, I looked in to the Repashy Calcium Plus and found many contradicting opinions. It does contain a lot of vitamin D3 and A so anyone thinking of using it daily should proceed with caution

I am sorry I did not understand your question. And really hmm

I always bake my sticks. 200 degrees for about an hour, that should kill anything bad they may have on them. Foliage is leaves. I like to mix real and fake in my cages. You can get the soil at the store-I would just get a kind without vermiculite. I like organic soils myself.
Here is a link to lllreptiles I know they have veileds.
http://www.lllreptile.com there number is at the bottom of the site.

Yes, definitely take a picture of your hydrometer and thermometer and maybe I can help-someone on here will be able to if I can not.

My panther chameleon came from California :)

Here is the picture of my thermometer / hygrometer
As for holding them how should I got about it should i try to hold them from behind

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 152
Finally one did call me back and just ordered the supplements I needed and a ficus tree for Francis :) for more foilage

Sweeeeet! I have a ficus for my free range :) ya I'm do not know about that thermometer hydrometer, hopefully me writing here will give the thread a little bump so someone can tell you for sure!

Sweeeeet! I have a ficus for my free range :) ya I'm do not know about that thermometer hydrometer, hopefully me writing here will give the thread a little bump so someone can tell you for sure!

Haha okay , thank you for all your help
My last question is how do you handle your chameleon? I been trying to find a way I know he is friendly .

Haha okay , thank you for all your help
My last question is how do you handle your chameleon? I been trying to find a way I know he is friendly .

With a stick. I'll place it under their chin by the legs- generally they climb right up. I never reach in and grab them. Once they get on the stick, if they'd like to climb onto my hand I don't stop them :) I never try to handle them first thing in the am or in the evening when they are winding down for bed.

With a stick. I'll place it under their chin by the legs- generally they climb right up. I never reach in and grab them. Once they get on the stick, if they'd like to climb onto my hand I don't stop them :) I never try to handle them first thing in the am or in the evening when they are winding down for bed.

Okay i Will try that thank You !

Back
Top Bottom