My chameleon has his own bed time planned out

Pharaoh2015

Lately I noticed my chameleon goes to a dark part of his cage to sleep around 4:30-5:30pm. His day cycle is 6 am to 6 pm so he is active for most of the day till he goes down to bed.

Does anyone else's Cham do this?
My chameleon is still a baby but it's facinating to see him set his own bed time

Totally normal for them to start getting ready for bed an hour or so before lights out. Mine puts a lot of thought into where he wants to sleep, whether it's half of his body hanging on a screen, fully stretched out on a branch, or curled up in one of his plants, he's usually in whatever position he wants at least half an hour before.

I can tell they do not need my clock to tell the time. Every one of them goes to bed before the lights go out. I always wonder if the get up before the lights come on, but I just never bother to check.

Yep, Pickle goes finds his sleep spot about an hour early every night. He doesn't have his eyes closed, but he is curled up, getting his pj's on. :D

All my guyz are different.
Slinky (panther cham) always goes to the same spot at about 4:30ish,
curles his tail up, and just chills there until lights go out.

Others will stay in their basking spot until the lights dim, then will find the closest branch to curle up on, different spot each time.

I like to mist their cages when I get up in the morning, but dont what to
get the water on them while they are snoozing. With the lights out, its
hard to tell where they are in order to spray around them.

i always chuckle when people say "chameleon curled up" im imagine mine acting like a cat or dog turning circles in plant trying to lay it down for comfort...

Back
Top Bottom