He has a name! (Plus pothos plans and first shed with me)

imchives

We have finally given the new little guy a name, and I would very much like to thank MissSkittles for coming up with it because I honestly can’t think of a better name than Wade Wilson (aka Deadpool)!

For a little guy that’s seemingly been through a lot already, he’s got quite a bit of sass, he loves giving me the side eye trying to get pictures of him, and gets a bit over dramatic after very small tumbles as he learns to live life with a little less tail than he remembers having before.
Example of major stinky eye vibes:
IMG_8819.jpeg

He’s still staying primarily shades of brown or gray (the pic above comes off a lot more brown than he really is. I’d say it looks like a very muddy green/gray vs a reddish brown), but I’m hoping since today he looked slightly more green we’re heading in the right direction! And I even noticed as I was checking on him before bed, that he’s starting to shed on his hind legs! Can’t say I’ve ever seen one start shedding on their back legs vs their body, but either way, here’s hoping he can shake some of the stuck shed on his face while he’s at it! Harder to see through the screen but I didn’t want to bother him too much since his lights had just turned off for bed.
IMG_8827.jpeg

Anyways I also wanted to update that I found an absolutely gorgeous marble queen pothos that I plan on splitting into smaller pots and using to replace some of the fake plants in Wade’s tank! I also found a few good branches to clean up and use to give him more things to perch and climb on! I haven’t redone everything just yet, he had enough of me messing with his tank trying to get the new temp probe set up and adding in a dripper I found at a local shop we decided to visit today, so I didn’t wanna push him much further.

I feel like he hasn’t had too many days where I haven’t messed with or changed something with his set up, so I feel a little bad, but I know it’s all for the best in the end… so long as I don’t go too crazy all in one go.

Anywho, I added some pictures in here just to kinda document his progress! Judging by his sleeping colors, I know just how bright he could be if he wanted to and I can’t wait to see him (hopefully soon) show some color during the day!
IMG_8824.jpeg

Someone is looking much greener this morning! He’s still shedding so I’m not messing with him once he’s done eating, but I’m glad he’s looking a little less drab today!
IMG_8829.jpeg

I’ve been trying to hand feed/cup feed at least a little bit each day so that maybe he can learn that me opening his tank doesn’t have to be so scary! I’m fine if he’s never as tolerant of handling as my last girl was, but I also don’t want him to be so terrified of me just existing nearby.

Aww…he’s cute and of course, I love the name. lol 😂 My girl Stella was the most drab muddy color when I brought her home from Petco. It was very unplanned to get another chameleon, so I had her in a smaller chameleon kit sized enclosure with fake plants at first (I was still very new and learning). She did have correct husbandry parameters with uvb, temp, humidity, supplements and all that…just a suboptimal enclosure. Once I was able to move her into her big girl enclosure and with some live plants, she brightened up and quickly became so very stunning.
Here’s my girl Stella when I first got her.
IMG_0194.jpeg

Here’s about a month later when she first got into her big girl enclosure. Still had the fake plants for a few months until I learned and did much better.
IMG_0278.jpeg

And here is my feisty girl now and the beauty she’s been showing for the past 4 1/2 years. 🥰
IMG_5310.jpeg

Aww…he’s cute and of course, I love the name. lol 😂 My girl Stella was the most drab muddy color when I brought her home from Petco. It was very unplanned to get another chameleon, so I had her in a smaller chameleon kit sized enclosure with fake plants at first (I was still very new and learning). She did have correct husbandry parameters with uvb, temp, humidity, supplements and all that…just a suboptimal enclosure. Once I was able to move her into her big girl enclosure and with some live plants, she brightened up and quickly became so very stunning.
View attachment 352684

Here’s about a month later when she first got into her big girl enclosure. Still had the fake plants for a few months until I learned and did much better.
View attachment 352685

And here is my feisty girl now and the beauty she’s been showing for the past 4 1/2 years. 🥰
View attachment 352686
What a glow up! 🤩💚

View attachment 352684

View attachment 352685

View attachment 352686
Wow that’s an impressive glow up! Gives me much more hope he won’t stay brown forever XD

My first girl was always this really pretty almost teal color so I guess I’m still kinda comparing the two more than I should lol. The only time she got dark was when she was severely po’d, like the one time I tried to help get some stuck shed off her face with a damp q-tip… never tried that one again, she made it very clear the q-tip was not welcome.

Back
Top Bottom