mistking

kdinkel

I have read about this already, but I am just double checking. If I am running a mistking, I do not need a drip system?

i prefer not to use a dripper and just upped my misting the dripper just dumped lots of water in one spot and flooded the bottom of my cage if let run for more than a few minutes more misting less dripping i feel is just so much better

While we're on the subject of misting, I'm going to pass along a tidbit od wisdom I head the other day - Think monsoons, not sprinkles. Anyone who has spent some time in a really tropical country, like Costa Rica or something along those lines, knows that during the day there will be several long showers and not a couple minutes of light rain. And although I have never been to Madagascar, I imagine the same applies. So I've set my system to give several 15 minute showers with a couple 3 minute showers inbetween, just to keep humidity high.

The longer the shower, the more chances your cham has to drink. And the more chances he has to drink, the less you have to use a dripper. Just my two cents!

Back
Top Bottom