Mistking split between 2 cham vivs

altizego

I bought the mistking starter kit a few months ago and just bought another chameleon. I need to split the mister between two vivs so do I need to purchase the value T misting valve assembly to do so? Thanks in advance!

you just need a T and tap into the main supply line. and run that line over to your misting nozzles in the other Viv. A valve to be able to shut off one side or the other for maintenance or something would be an invaluable idea. my mistking starter system runs two vivs no problem

you just need a T and tap into the main supply line. and run that line over to your misting nozzles in the other Viv. A valve to be able to shut off one side or the other for maintenance or something would be an invaluable idea. my mistking starter system runs two vivs no problem

OK So a T and a misting nozzle. Thanks!!

I have another question. Is the misking 1/4" tubing ID or OD? The website does not specify. I prefer to buy elsewhere since my shipping total was more expensive than my actual products which consists of a t valve a nozzle and tubing only lol

pretty sure it's ID. but mistking website or even a Google search will give you that answer for 100% sure

Just out of curiosity, how are you going to manage two mist schedules for two different enclosures? Are they going to be identically the same?

If not I would recommend you try to keep things the same to minimize turning one into a swamp or the other into a dry tundra..lol

They are both chams they are going to be on the same schedule lol

I think you missed my point. Same animal, but if their habitats are fairly different you could be heading for some issues.

If I kept my current terrarium and still had my other cham (who passed away) I could not mist with one mister effetely. Not only were the terrariums different size, but one had fake plants vs. real. If I misted for the dryer/ smaller of the two enclosures, I would flood my larger terrarium with the real plants. Vide versa would keep the smaller unit very dry.

Now if you have the same enclosure, the same plants and sticks etc. then you should be fine. ;)

One is a little smaller but setup pretty much the same I will watch it during the weekend once I set it up and play it by ear. I have a drip collection for both which helps. Thanks for the help!!

It's 1/4" OD tubing.
You can get fittings at your local Home Depot or Lowes. They will be white. You can get tubing there as well.
As for the Mist Nozzle you will have to order it.
Check out Amazon and you can find nozzles that will work.
Good luck.

It's 1/4" OD tubing.
You can get fittings at your local Home Depot or Lowes. They will be white. You can get tubing there as well.
As for the Mist Nozzle you will have to order it.
Check out Amazon and you can find nozzles that will work.
Good luck.

Thank you I bought all my parts via lllreptiles they had the better shipping rate!

Back
Top Bottom