Lights time ! Lol

hzliedmond

Established Member
Since I got the reptibreeze xl do I need to upgrade the uvb light ? At the moment its the arcadia 24inch 6% . This little girl of mine is going to make me go bankrupt lol I was watching chameleon academy it said for veiled chameleon we need the 12 % . Do I need to get a longer one like 36inch or I could get away with the 24inch and just upgrade the bulb ? Thank u

I prefer the 36" UVB myself but I believe you can still use the 24 inch. You'll just want to make sure you set it up correctly.

This is what I would do:

Attachments

• IMG_8881.jpeg
    IMG_8881.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 19
Now I just have to keep a eye out on a deal lol
I would really prefer the Arcadia bulbs as well, but since I’ve been short on funds I’ve been using the zoomed T5 HO 5.0 bulbs. You can get them on Amazon fairly cheap. Maybe that’s an option if you’re looking to save money. They do need changed every 6 months verses the 12 for Arcadia though.

I've been keeping an eye on the Arcadia 6% on a few websites to see if I can find any Black Friday deals to stalk up. I'll let you know if I find anything!

I think the Pangea website the Arcadia and Zoomed T5s are the same price actually... Don't quote me on it though...

Now I just have to keep a eye out on a deal lol
If you have a 24x24x48 size enclosure than a 6% UVB or 5.0 UVB will be just fine. Have your top branches be about 6 inches below the UVB and you should get that 3% needed for your girl to be healthy :)

I use the 6% for all of my chameleons. On my double wide enclosures, I had a 6% on one side and a 12% on the other (with a lower basking area) and my chams always preferred the 6% side.

Back
Top Bottom