Help please lighting

I’ll let others with more experience help with advice, I just want to say welcome. I was super overwhelmed and stressed when I got my guy at the beginning of this year. And on top of it, he was not in great health either. I just want you to know that you are in a great place. The lovely people here will help you get it squared away. I encourage you to stick around here after as well. There is so much to learn. I’m finding out more and more each day. I’m becoming more confident in caring for Spaghetti each time I come here. Thanks to this forum, my little guy is now a healthy, grumpy, sassy little noodle. ☺️

I’m not sure how much you know/don’t know about care of female chameleons. The most important thing is making sure all of your husbandry is spot on. Do check out the resources you’ve been given links to. Then come on back with any questions you may have and we can help you get the perfect set up. :)

Just my baby is 6 months old why r they saying 10.0 for veild chameleons ? I'm just going to get the 24inch 5.0 for now and if later I need the 10.0 I'll get the 10.0 I'm done worrying about this
Your fine getting the 24 inch T5HO fixture and the 5.0 bulb. Do not use the 10.0 bulb it will be too strong and you will have to raise the fixture up off the cage to balance the strength.

So T5 5.0 bulb set on the cage. ... Then measure 8-9 inches down from your screen. That is where you want your branches to start. They should not be any higher than that. Make sure one of the branches runs below the UVB fixture so she can bask in the right UVI level. Then all other branches would move down to let her utilize the entire space.

Thank u guys for the help one last question lol I'm sorry r these lights better for basking ? I'm sorry

Attachments

• 16924684089742452005583720749530.jpg
    16924684089742452005583720749530.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 41
Thank u guys for the help one last question lol I'm sorry r these lights better for basking ? I'm sorry
Why are you sorry? You are new and you will have a lot of questions. It just comes with the territory. I was and still am the same way. Please ask as many questions as you need. We all want you to be successful and have a healthy chameleon.

I don’t have that late myself for a basking light. Give me one second until I get home and I can share with you what I use.

This is what I use for a basking light. You want it to be 80 degrees at the basking branch. I use a probe thermometer to help me know what the temp is at my basking spots. You can also use a temp gun purchased at Home Depot.

Another safety test to make sure it’s not too hot is out your hand near the basking spot for several minutes to ensue it’s comfortable fo you human hand. I would do this on top of using a temp gun or thermometer probe. Our chams for some reason don’t know when they are burning and will easily get thermal burns if we are not careful.

Attachments

• IMG_7613.jpeg
    IMG_7613.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 42
This is what I use for a basking light. You want it to be 80 degrees at the basking branch. I use a probe thermometer to help me know what the temp is at my basking spots. You can also use a temp gun purchased at Home Depot.

Another safety test to make sure it’s not too hot is out your hand near the basking spot for several minutes to ensue it’s comfortable fo you human hand. I would do this on top of using a temp gun or thermometer probe. Our chams for some reason don’t know when they are burning and will easily get thermal burns if we are not careful.
The caresheet ?

I use heart leaf philodendron in my veiled enclosures just as much as pothos. Both are ‘toxic’ to pets in that they have calcium oxalates crystals. If my cat nibbles one, she’s supposed to get GI irritation. It doesn’t stop her from constantly trying to eat my back up plants. Usually oxalates will bind to calcium, which is why we don’t use spinach for gut loading. However, in these 2 plants, it’s already bound to calcium. AFAIK, there are no other toxic qualities to philodendron. I have to believe that they aren’t as tasty as pothos, as I don’t think I’ve seen any bite marks on philodendron leaves.

What do u guys think ? I ordered the 24 inch 5.0 should be here soon and my new money tree for now. Just have to make her a lay egging area I know I need more plants just need to save up .already 500 in the hole idk how lol

Attachments

• 16924839346582183352911234339821.jpg
    16924839346582183352911234339821.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom