one panther chameleon egg hatched this mornz!!!

Ynott116

Established Member
Simple question when do you think the rest will join this little girl? I know she wont eat for maybe 3/4 days just want to know on day 3 if i put her in the bin should i add the other eggs too (if the dont hatch that is) 10 eggs.
I have a bin with a bamboo jungle gym. Bins 22'' 12'' 12'' top screen sides cut for air flow, going to make it bio active with spring tails. Fine spraying mist bottle a 1' 2.5% T5 Arcadia UVB and going to add a normal light bulb for heat plus have i have a old heat pad with a thermometer ill put under the bin and set it to 70.(thermometer mid dirt lvl) I got ff, bean Beatles and ready to order pinheads when ever. So im i over kill?
also if anyone remembers me i still have the Brookesia sold by Javadi. They are doing great! female full adult now and getting ready to pair up i hope this up coming summer!

IMG_20240205_201903.jpg

You mean put the unlatched eggs in the bin you have set up as a cage for the one that already hatched? Definitely NOT…leave them in the incubation container until they hatch…and don’t open the container to check on them too often either….you will upset the humidity, etc in the incubation container if you keep opening it.

I wouldn’t put a heat pad under the bin either. What temperature will it be if you add a bulb above the bin? Babies bodies are small and dehydrate quickly so you don’t want night temperatures.

Why are you waiting until day 3 to put the one that hatched into the bin/cage?

You mean put the unlatched eggs in the bin you have set up as a cage for the one that already hatched? Definitely NOT…leave them in the incubation container until they hatch…and don’t open the container to check on them too often either….you will upset the humidity, etc in the incubation container if you keep opening it.

I wouldn’t put a heat pad under the bin either. What temperature will it be if you add a bulb above the bin? Babies bodies are small and dehydrate quickly so you don’t want night temperatures.

Why are you waiting until day 3 to put the one that hatched into the bin/cage?
okay so dont move the rest of the eggs over. I was going to wait till day 3 to move her over in thought of she will help give the other eggs the heads up to hatch. So you would move her to the tub?
No heat pad got it, and the temp on the basking side im going to shoot for 78 80 going to mist in the morn noon evening and before i go to bed. there lights will go out at 8 house temp is 67

I always remove the babies as soon as they are on their feet in the incubation container…but it won’t hurt them to stay in the container for a day or so.

IMHO…I think it’s ok for the eggs to hatch “individually” in captivity. I think it gives them the chance to hatch when they’re ready, instead of all having to hatch the same day, like they might/do in the wild, because they need to dig out in the wild.

Moving the eggs to the baby cage will leave them exposed to the light/heat/air and the shells will dry out and the hatchlings won’t likely be able to slit/pip the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom