Kush's New Cage

BHillendahl

Just got Kush's new cage from LLL Reptile. It's awesome. 2'x2'x4'

2010-07-07145816.jpg

I got some more vines and some branches to give him more area to hang out under the lights.
2010-07-07145834.jpg

He's still hesitant to explore, but he's literally been in there for about 15 minutes.
2010-07-07145852.jpg

I also bought a large ficus, which is new to me. In the past I kept schefflera with Kush, but they never lasted more than a few months. Does anyone have any tips on caring for the ficus? Also is my zoomed 5.0 Reptisun cfl bulb strong enough to keep the plant nice and healthy? And should I upgrade my basking bulb (right now i'm using a 60 watt clear house bulb)?

You can get a 6500k flourescent light to help with the growth of plants if you find it is not getting enough. Is there some kind of stand you could put Kush's cage? I know chams like being high up. As far as your basking light, a 60watt should do the trick but it will all depend on your temps, a good idea is to hang your basking dome light above the enclosure so the hight therefore the heat can be adjusted for your chams basking spot. What are you using to check temps/humidity? One other thing is that you may wanna switch your UV lighting over to the tube type flourescent bulb as compact flourescent lights have been known in the past to cause eye problems/blindness. I used to have cfls for the first few months until I learned about that on these forums, better safe than sorry. Your vines at the top look great.

Your cage looks great! Kush is going to love it! :):D:):D I would recommend the Reptisun linear 5.0 UVB instead of the cfl. It may cause eye problems with Kush.

Ha. Yea all my pets have names like that. Doobie(dog), Kush(veiled chameleon), and Bud(bearded dragon). If I end up breeding him I'm gonna have to come up with some good names for the babies. I use a R-Zilla digital temp/humidity gauge to check everything. I keep my temps in the recommended range, and at night the thermostat is set at 75F for the whole house. Man I wish I would've known about the CFLs earlier. Here within the next day or two I'll run down to Petsmart and grab the strip light and a new reflector with a stand. I already have another strip light that I can throw a 6500k bulb in for the ficus.

I can't remember the name of it, but it's a dried white vine (I do remember it's four letters). It's sturdy but flexible like a branch. I found it at Target while my wife was checkin out floral arrangement stuff. I'm sure you could find it at a Michaels or a similar store. I used some thin wire to secure it to the sides. There's also about 30 feet of 1/2 inch thick Exo Terra vine in there.

I can't remember the name of it, but it's a dried white vine (I do remember it's four letters). It's sturdy but flexible like a branch. I found it at Target while my wife was checkin out floral arrangement stuff. I'm sure you could find it at a Michaels or a similar store. I used some thin wire to secure it to the sides. There's also about 30 feet of 1/2 inch thick Exo Terra vine in there.

Thanks...i'll have to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom