Just bought 2 True Blue Nosy Be Panther Chams

Ya, i was thinking the same,,,, dripper and misting.

Got both cages done for now ,,,,,, plants tomorrow hopefully. What do you think so far?

Is it ok to use fake plants?

16m0g95.jpg

Fake plants are fine. My entire setup consist of fake plants and vines. A real plant is definitely recommended though to help with humidity. I am currently prepping a schefflera plant to put in the cage. It will be my only real plant. I'm at work right now, but I'll take a photo of my setup tomorrow and show you. :)

Fake plants are great to fill in areas and add extra spots to hide.. I Always have kept at least 1 large plant in my cages for humidity and because up until now I mainly kept veileds and they liked to eat the ficus... but you will probably need to get different lighting to keep your plants healthy.. That is actually why I just updated my lighting..

But yeah anyways so far it's looking good.. and got fake plants I don't know if you have a Michaels craft store up by you.. but they have a really good selection of fake plants.. looking forward to seeing what else you do with them

Do you have a visual block between the cages? They will be very stressed if they can see each other. I don't like bamboo--it is too slippery. I've wrapped one of those fake bendy vines around something slippery that I wanted to keep in the enclosure.

Both cages looking very good. Can not wait to receive my dragon strand cage to start my full and hopefully final setup. Inspiration everywhere I look on these forums. Keep up the great work..

Have you thought about drainage of the excess water? A good drainage plan makes life a lot easier. :)
Also, JaJean makes a valid point about visually separating the cages. I like using coroplast, cheap, easy to cut, and looks nice. You could put almost anything there, as long as the chameleons can't see through it.

Ya I know all about not letting them see eachother. I just have not put anything there yet because I don't have them lol

Here's my setup. Foilage from the top of the cage to about mid level. Don't mind the towel at the bottom. I'm working on a drainage system. I have 3 levels of thin bamboo sticks and bendable vines. Everything in the cage right now is fake, but I'll be adding an umbrella plant at the bottom of the cage that will meet halfway up the cage with the fake plants.

IMG_20150112_124839.jpg

All done up with the fake plants working on getting a real plant for each one

1zx6q6a.jpg

This will be the male cage

nvyu8i.jpg

And the female cage

29vmb7r.jpg

They were shipped earlier today and i have to go pick them up at 10:30 am tomorrow.

Where should i put the hose for the dripper at? The top of the cage?

just picked them up from FedEx a couple of hours ago. Got here fine and they look really cool. Eating and drinking immeaditly out of the box lol. i will post pics after they get settled in

Very nice, Turner! I would put more foilage in the middle area, but looks like you've done a pretty decent job. Looking forward to seeing them! :D

The female is very nice and want to come to me when im by the cage, the male on the other hand is a little skiddish but im sure he will warm up to me

Heres some pics of the male ::::::

vxbu1.jpg

10okxzt.jpg

and here are some pics of the female ::::::

14llcok.jpg

fcjk1k.jpg

What do you guys think?

Are they Nosy Be's? And are they male and female??

They look nice, glad to hear they got through the cold weather ok. I'm assuming by the first photo that they came by train. :p

The female is very nice and want to come to me when im by the cage, the male on the other hand is a little skiddish but im sure he will warm up to me

Heres some pics of the male ::::::

vxbu1.jpg

10okxzt.jpg

and here are some pics of the female ::::::

14llcok.jpg

a5kxok.jpg

What do you guys think?

Are they Nosy Be's? And are they male and female??

They look nice glad it worked out for you in the cold lol.. the male looks like a nosy be to me. The female you can't tell.. most female panthers all look the same.. as for age id guess somewhere around 4-5 months.. hope that helps

i bought this to dust the feeders with. What else should i get in terms of gutload and dusting?

Attachments

• zml-102_1z.jpg
    zml-102_1z.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 201
is this normal???

there hanging upside down right under the uvb light. They just got done eating. They also turn really dark when there under the light

Attachments

• 20150115_151408.jpg
    20150115_151408.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 20150115_151400.jpg
    20150115_151400.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 247
A lot of young chameleons like to screen walk on the top of the enclosure. Usually they grow out of it as they get bigger.

What's your temp at the basking spot perch?

A lot of chams turn dark when they're basking, so they can absorb more heat.

is this normal???

there hanging upside down right under the uvb light. They just got done eating. They also turn really dark when there under the light

Yes, they tend to do this at a young age. My 1st and current cham did this daily. Your light appears to be far enough away to where they won't suffer any burns. Chams will also turn dark to absorb more heat from the light, so no worries there either. :)

Back
Top Bottom