Just bought 2 True Blue Nosy Be Panther Chams

So guys, i asked this in the beginning and i couldn't get a for sure answer. But now hes a little older and alot more color in him ,,,,,,, Do you guys think he is a Nosy Be???????/

so what do you guys think,,,, Nosy Be, or not?????

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 3-8-2015.jpg
    3-8-2015.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 318
They are the same age, same locale, from the same breeder. I am not certain but this seems like they would definitely be siblings. Breeding brother and sister is not a good idea. You may want to contact your breeder to be 100%

i probably should have mentioned the last couple photos of the male were when he was fired up about to mate with the female. he usually does not have all that red in him normally

this is him at rest

15wj7zd.jpg

I bought them from reptilepetsdirect.com ,,,,,, they were advertised as true blue Nosy Be Chams.

I've seen nose bes with red on them, but it doesn't look like that, usually dots or striations especially on the head. The red is usually bolder. If a pure Nose isn't all blue, then just the bars are blue and the body is more green or blue/green. Plus the bars are a peculiar shape, still looks like a cross to me, a nice looking cross though.

I've seen nose bes with red on them, but it doesn't look like that, usually dots or striations especially on the head. The red is usually bolder. If a pure Nose isn't all blue, then just the bars are blue and the body is more green or blue/green. Plus the bars are a peculiar shape, still looks like a cross to me, a nice looking cross though.

what do you think he is crossed with?????

Also got my Monsoon mister today. I actually like it despite all the bad stuff i have read about them on this site. The only problem i have with it is the timer, but i hooked my own timer up to it and it works great. All 6 mister heads hooked up now and still works fantastically. I don't know why everyone has a problem with them lol. I use distilled water in everything (ie, Monsoon, Hand Mister, Dripper, ect) so hopefully i never have a problem with it

This is why your male was chewing on the leaves. He's mineral-deficient (ie. salts). Distilled water is not for consumption, except in minute amounts for certain chemical mixtures/medicines, etc. If you want to use softer water so the misting apparatus doesn't leave a calcium/lime residue, use well water (we have it sold in gallon tubs just like spring and distilled water around here). You simply cannot use PURE water and expect your animals to get much use out of it. Water is a medium by which electrolytes are transported and absorbed.

This is why your male was chewing on the leaves. He's mineral-deficient (ie. salts). Distilled water is not for consumption, except in minute amounts for certain chemical mixtures/medicines, etc. If you want to use softer water so the misting apparatus doesn't leave a calcium/lime residue, use well water (we have it sold in gallon tubs just like spring and distilled water around here). You simply cannot use PURE water and expect your animals to get much use out of it. Water is a medium by which electrolytes are transported and absorbed.

That just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I don't think I would ever let my chameleon drink well water. And you say I simply can't use pure water and expect my animals to get much use out of it ????? That statement doesn't even make sense.

Omg I had a good laugh on that last post lmao ,,, I would honestly like to know where they sell well water at ,,,, let alone who's buying it hahahaha

By the way my male stopped chewing on leaves awhile ago

I wouldn't use pure distilled water either. Reverse osmosis is good to use though. Also, definitely not a pure bred nosy be. Looks like some ambilobe in there too but there is no way to tell for sure.

Back
Top Bottom