Is he stressed?

Slofe

I can't get a pic of my chameleon but i've managed to track down a pic that gives an example of the colours he shows all the time, well, most of the time.

brideoffrankenstein-adopted.jpg

He's slightly lighter than that but that's pretty much what he displays all the time, minus the spots on his legs and throat. On the rare occasion I get him out he goes lighter still and shows lots of blues, yellows and greens, it could well be the way the light in his cage makes him look. I am, once again, probably worrying over nothing but just wanted to get an opinion.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Screen 4 x 2 x 2
* Lighting - Standard spot bulb for basking, zoo med 5.0 tube for UV
* Temperature - 90 at basking, 75 in the middle and around 65 at the bottom, these fluctuate within a few degrees. I use a digital thermometer/hydrometer.
* Humidity - Between 40% and 50% this is naturally maintained in my room. Goes to about 70% straight after misting
* Plants - Live Plants - Pothos, Camellia and have recently added a Ficus Tree
* Placement - In the corner of my room near a window but I always pull the curtain as the road is busy outside (have only recently pulled the curtains again after leaving it open so this may be a cause of stress?) cage is about 7.5 feet off the ground as it's on a chest of drawers,
* Location - London, U.K

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - 9 month old male veiled, have had him nearly 6 months
* Handling - About once every 2 weeks
* Feeding - I offer 6 roaches a day gutloaded with a commercial gutload and oranges. He usually eats around 3 to 4 of these. I also give him about 3 waxies a week and sometimes super worms.
* Supplements - I use Nutrabol 2 - 3 times a week as recommended by my breeder
* Watering - Hand mist with pump spray twice a day. I only mist for about a minute as this is how long it takes to soak the leaves
* Fecal Description - Dark brown/black compact and white urates
* History - Nothing to add
* Current Problem - The colours he's displaying

Hi, I will be interested in your replies cause my cham looks dark alot and you said our cages are very similiar.I am thinking it is the lights as the cage is darker than his old one, so may just seem darker than he really is.xx

Hi, I will be interested in your replies cause my cham looks dark alot and you said our cages are very similiar.I am thinking it is the lights as the cage is darker than his old one, so may just seem darker than he really is.xx

I think it is just the lights. I had a worry (yes another one!) that there was a small lump on the side of his mouth so I enticed him off his perch with a wax worm. As he came up close I saw that his colours were indeed normal and pretty much look exactly the same as a normal, healthy chameleon.

Isambard really is a dopey sod sometimes lol. Whenever I tempt him with a wax worm I offer him my hand to walk onto, sometimes he steps on, sometimes he doesn't. Other times, like today, he thinks my finger is food and prepares his tongue for a shot at it! I have no idea what it is about my hand that makes him think food, especially when there's a wax worm wriggling away in my other hand!

lol.Funny little creatures aren't they.Have to say these chams bring sooo many worries with them.My iguana doesn't cause me half the worry.lol

Back
Top Bottom