iPhone 3gs

NewOwner

Hello,

I am about to buy an iPhone 3gs 16 or 32 gb, and was wondering if anyone else has these, i did a search but didnt seem to find any threads about it.. Also id like to know what apps you find most useful for everyday life? :)

Thanks

i've got a 32gb 3Gs, it is my baby.

I also had the first generation iPhone and that was also my baby. here are the list of apps I use regularly:

Social Networking:

Facebook
TweetDeck (for twitter)
Yelp (business reviews, has this pretty cool feature called Monocle)
Flickr (upload flickr images directly from your phone)
HeyWAY (if you and your friends have this you can send each other a message with your current GPS location)

Shopping:

Amazon.com
Kindle (read kindle books on your iPhone)
BagainBin (gets you the latest app sales prices)
Fandango (buying movie tickets)

Recreation:

PhoneFlicks (let's me edit and add movies to my Netflix queue
Robocalypse (cool RTS game)
DoodleJump (cute jumping action game for those who only have a minute)
Zen Bound (wanna tie string around wooden sculptures and relax this is the game for you)
StarDefense (great 3D tower defense game)
Alive4ever (kill zombies by yourself or with friends)

I have the iPhone 3G S 16G and I have about 1300 songs on it and around 90 apps and about 200 pictures. it still has about 2 gigs of memory left and has not slowed down at all because of the amount or lack of memory left. I absolutly love this phone. As far as the app go almost all of my apps are free. There are a few that I paid for, I am a diver and geocacher and there are apps for them. there are truly apps for everything. If you decide to order this phone you will not regred the dicision. As for the insurance deal, AT&T does not offer insurance but I have the phone insured for the full amount through State Farm there was no deductible and it was actually cheaper than the insurance I had on my other phones through AT&T.

I LOVE MY iPhone!!!!!

I have the 3Gs 16g and it is great. How is the battery life when playing your music files? I still carry around my iPod for music but was just wondering how the phone held up to playing music for several hours without being charged.

Actually I don't listen to that much music on it. A girl I work with let me sync my phone with her computer and that is how I got all of the music. With that said there have been times when the phone would go 3 days without a charge and when I am geocaching it can go dead within 4 hours or so, but that is using the gps compass and the internet at the same time. It has a good battery on it, but I do believe it is not as advanced as what the phone needs to get a heavy user through a full day. So i got a car charger and I charge it in the car when needed. I would think playing music the phone would get two to four hours and that would be it unless you are using headphones then maybe a little more.

i will be getting one pretty soon now.. Maybe this month, or on the 20th (ish) of december.. depends if i have enough this month lol

In december i can get a discount, but id love to get the iPhone, then i dont need internet, we have wifi.

Should i wait almost 2 months? or just get it now and cut off internet (the rest of my family in the house doesnt use it)

iPhone cost 780 on no term, but apparently if i get it in december it will be about 400 or 500 from my discount.

What??? Do not pay 780 for the phone. Go online and get it. I paid 200 or so when they came out in June and I wasnt elegable for an upgrade. One thing is that I had to sign another contract to get the phone.

i will be getting one pretty soon now.. Maybe this month, or on the 20th (ish) of december.. depends if i have enough this month lol

In december i can get a discount, but id love to get the iPhone, then i dont need internet, we have wifi.

Should i wait almost 2 months? or just get it now and cut off internet (the rest of my family in the house doesnt use it)

iPhone cost 780 on no term, but apparently if i get it in december it will be about 400 or 500 from my discount.

You could buy a used (no contract) phone off ebay and use your old sim card. Rogers and Fido have the iPhone, but I swear that Bell and Telus will be getting it soon. In fact I thought soon Canadian phones will just be unlocked because of the amount of carriers.

Anyways, buy it without a contract. Jailbreak it (unlock it). Then you can just use the wifi, your current cell service, and not pay for the data.

That's how you would save some money. Whenever we are eligible for an upgrade we sell our used phones for a little more than the new ones (at the subsidized pricing) and just renew our contract.

1. Jailbreak it or have it jailbroken.

Paid jailbroken apps:

1.Ilocalis- donation based pay. I paid $15 Can track your phone if it gets stolen, even if they yank the sim. can shut the phone down and lock it, and give you real time GPS tracking.. without paying apple $99 a year.
2. MyWi - Turns your iphone into a wifi hotspot. use it to tether a laptop
3. 3g Unrestrictor.

Free Jailbroken apps:
1 Random ring
2 google voice mobile

App store apps:
Free
1.Facebook
2. Tweeetdeck
3. Wild west pinball
4 Kindle Reader

Paid App store Apps:
Havaplayer
Monopoly
Space invaders infinity gene
Pocket Universe
Puzzle Quest.

Jailbreak it so you can customize your phone and get applications that can let you DO something with your phone.

Back
Top Bottom