Hey I'm new! And a quick thanks.

Navaro

Firstly I just wanted to say thank-you to everyone who contributes and posts on this forum to make it such a wonderful place to learn and research on a daily basis. It's both the everyday users and knowledgeable top posters that make this place what it is. Thank you.

I've recently just moved from Melbourne, Australia to Florida, United states. I say recently however I've been here about a year now, However with such a life change the time has gone very fast.

I've always been hugely into reptiles in Australia, And was into rescue and research work too, However with indigenous species. Apon giving it all up and moving to Florida, I've finally started my 'collection' again. I have a few pythons, some geckos, however only recently have I been able to realize a dream truly 30 years in the making. A Furcifer pardalis; Panther Chameleon.

See, In Australia you're only allowed to own a species that is found in Australia. So it rules out everything from Ball Pythons to Any species of Chameleon. However since the early 1990's when the 'boom' happened, I began a love affair of sorts with the panther.

So without further ado, Meet my latest 'addition' and a dream realized. He's an Ambilobe Panther, from FLChams.

LwqVXsX.jpg

Ive had him just over a month now, and he's around 3.5 months old. Already showing amazing color, and a confident disposition. I don't handle him unless its completely necessary, but he's a confident hand feeder already.

I just want to give two shout outs to, two of our site sponsors, that I found directly through this forum.

The first is Bill at Dragonstrand who was simply amazing. I ended up with one of his extra large breeder's. He was able to get what I wanted out fast, and negotiate how we'd ship things, in order to come in under my budget. Truly a first class guy.

The second is Mike at FLChams.com We spoke on the phone several times about everything from Panthers, to Australian Reptiles, and the industry. This guy is top notch, and who I got my Ambilobe Panther from. Great guy, and already consider him a friend.

So thanks guys. Glad to be here, Love this community, and adore being in this country and being able to finally appreciate this species up close.

Thanks again for everyone who posts and contributes to this forum. It's an irreplaceable wealth of knowledge that is truly an asset to the industry and hobby.

Cheers guys.

Welcome! Wonderful place indeed.

Is that different from the "Large" cage?
Large Breeder Cage dimensions: 21.5″ W x 16″ D x 44.5″ H

Same one. Sorry, Threw an 'extra' in there out of excitement ;)

I also have the drainage tray which is brilliant, and the substrate tray (not that im using a substrate), but I ordered it so I could drill holes in it, to drain into the bottom drainage tray). It also makes it seriously easy to just pull out the substrate tray and wipe it clean.

Welcome! Great picture of your little guy, nice colors already.
So exciting that your dream came true. They are fascinating animals! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Im very excited to be here. I have quite alot of experience with reptiles but am new to the chameleon world. I look forward to checking this forum every morning. :D

I will post some enclosure pictures in the morning when lights are on! It's 8pm here in Fl and he's snoozing. :p

I got a blue bar Ambilobe from flchams a month and a half ago, he's doing great. Arrived healthy, ate and drank the first day. He's already doubled in size and showing great color!! Wish my cham was "confident" like yours, as he is a little skittish, but I respect his temperament and leave him be. Congrats, I've always wanted a panther too, and it's been really exciting so far as well!!!

Hey guys. Just a quick little update on this little guy. Since I know everyone loves picture updates.

He's really doing great. Good disposition. Great eater.

aJwIJrr.jpg

95HaBHN.jpg

Firstly I just wanted to say thank-you to everyone who contributes and posts on this forum to make it such a wonderful place to learn and research on a daily basis. It's both the everyday users and knowledgeable top posters that make this place what it is. Thank you.

Navaro,

Well said. Truly a wonderful place to research, study and learn. The information found here is top-notch! BTW, very handsome panther.

Welcome....

Welcome to the forum and to FL. I've been in FL for 22 years and love it. Your little boy is growing up to be very handsome. There are quite a few members in FL. I'm in tampa. What area are you in?

Welcome!
you'll learn a lot. I knew 0 zero about Chameleons vs. now after 2 months knowing insane amount of information about them and giving advice.

if I was there I'd just hold a koala bear as a ransom from nature-- I guess in Australia you can't have them as pets either?

Back
Top Bottom