Malnutrition and Respiratory questions

He pooped! I bagged it and just took it to the vet. There was some red in it though... Is that normal?
Just depends on what the red is. It does not look like blood to me. Almost looks very dark orange and since it is at the end where the urate is it may very well be part of the urate. Next time make sure you remove the urate when you take in the fecal. Not all are knowledgeable and you do not want them testing the urate instead of the fecal.

Just depends on what the red is. It does not look like blood to me. Almost looks very dark orange and since it is at the end where the urate is it may very well be part of the urate. Next time make sure you remove the urate when you take in the fecal. Not all are knowledgeable and you do not want them testing the urate instead of the fecal.
@Beaman is correct. I actually took my guy back to the Vet to confirm everything was normal.

So his fecal came back negative again
I'm kind of thinking he may have some kind of bacterial infection? He has also been curling his tail the last few days which he doesn't normally do during the day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 12
So that is good that the fecal came back negative. They can do a blood draw and see what comes back on that. If there is an infection in the body then it will show in the blood work.

For now just keep him eating to try to get his weight up a bit.

So that is good that the fecal came back negative. They can do a blood draw and see what comes back on that. If there is an infection in the body then it will show in the blood work.

For now just keep him eating to try to get his weight up a bit.
Thank you for all your help, I will see about getting blood work done soon

Thank you for all your help, I will see about getting blood work done soon
He has an infection so he'll be getting multiple rounds of antibiotics. He already got one round and is moving around a lot more today! I'm gonna do a deep clean of his cage. What products would you recommend for cleaning his cage?

Last edited:
He has an infection so he'll be getting multiple rounds of antibiotics. I'm gonna do a deep clean of his cage. What products would you recommend for cleaning his cage?
I'm replacing all the sticks and cleaning all the plants. I read somewhere to use diluted bleach, so like water and a little bit of bleach for the cage?

Actually your cleaning routine will depend on the type of infection. Some infections require a total disposal of all porous items - branches, plants etc. If list the infection, @Beman and others can give you the best cleaning advise.

Back
Top Bottom