Help worried about new jevenile panther

The meds can reduce appetite. Are the insect sizes small enough? Did you get him crickets?
Ya I got him the 1/4 crickets and I give him a lot at a time since they are so small and I put in some dubias, waxworms, and superworms to give some variety

Ya I got him the 1/4 crickets and I give him a lot at a time since they are so small and I put in some dubias, waxworms, and superworms to give some variety
Remind me how are you feeding him? How was the breeder feeding him? Cup, feeder run, etc

Remind me how are you feeding him? How was the breeder feeding him? Cup, feeder run, etc
I put them in a cup (the ones neptune the chameleon uses) and I believe he was free-ranging them but the little ones were in a smaller enclosure and now he's in a bigger one so it's hard to free-range in there

I put them in a cup (the ones neptune the chameleon uses) and I believe he was free-ranging them but the little ones were in a smaller enclosure and now he's in a bigger one so it's hard to free-range in there
I would strongly consider a chameleon feeder run. You can make your own or buy one. Full throttle makes them and tk chameleons makes the shooting gallery. Framschams sells one too. But this is more like free range feeding and they are able to see the food moving. Transitioning to cup feeding can take time. I never start my babies off with a cup because of this.

I would strongly consider a chameleon feeder run. You can make your own or buy one. Full throttle makes them and tk chameleons makes the shooting gallery. Framschams sells one too. But this is more like free range feeding and they are able to see the food moving. Transitioning to cup feeding can take time. I never start my babies off with a cup because of this.
Ok I'll make one today until I can order one. Thanks!

Thank you so much for advising me to use a feeder run!! He seems so much more interested in his food and I can tell he's eating way more now!!!
Your welcome... Load it up with a few dozen small feeders. Normally they respond immediately to this method of feeding. Then you can use pretty much any type of feeder run for him.

Cup feeding can be great but unfortunately not all babies take to it right away which can be dangerous since you want them eating right away.

Thank you so much for advising me to use a feeder run!! He seems so much more interested in his food and I can tell he's eating way more now!!!
That is wonderful news! I had a similar issue with my Jackson's when I first got him and it was easily resolved by getting a feeder run with feeders that he was used to eating.

Back
Top Bottom