Healthy Petco cham

pippen111

I’ve definitely read all the horror stories of buying from petco, but I saw this little girl struggling and I just had to save her. She has been eating regularly going to the bathroom regularly very active and very colorful . Here’s a pic of lil pippen.
I am using fake plants until I’m done building my new vivarium .

Attachments

• IMG_4740.jpeg
    IMG_4740.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 24
Hey there welcome to the forum. It is not that big box is a hard no... It is just a higher risk. I bought my boy 5 years ago from Petco and never had issues. But it is more common to buy one and have issues. Even more common to buy one and they tell you to buy the wrong stuff so you have a compromised baby going into an incorrect set up which further compromises its system.

As long as you have husbandry on point and you are not seeing major signs of concern then you should be good. Most common issues I have seen are RI and MBD.

Have you done a husbandry review yet to ensure you have the right info for your lil girl?

Hey there welcome to the forum. It is not that big box is a hard no... It is just a higher risk. I bought my boy 5 years ago from Petco and never had issues. But it is more common to buy one and have issues. Even more common to buy one and they tell you to buy the wrong stuff so you have a compromised baby going into an incorrect set up which further compromises its system.

As long as you have husbandry on point and you are not seeing major signs of concern then you should be good. Most common issues I have seen are RI and MBD.

Have you done a husbandry review yet to ensure you have the right info for your lil girl?
No but I’ll post one tomorrow, right now she’s in a temporary setup for Im repurposing a cabinet for her

Back
Top Bottom