Drippers

I used a dripper and found that Ringo wouldnt drink from it directly. I moved the dripper (by accident) and it started dripping on the leaves underneath where it hangs. Ringo dashed over (well, as quick as his lil legs would carry him) and started licking the leaves.:)

Now, every morning when I turn on the dripper, he comes straight over and has a drink. I leave the dripper on for the rest of the day, so he can drink at his convenience, and its nice to know he has had at least one good drink each day ;)

Step by step pictures to go along with previously posted text.
Cost of putting these together:
Aquarium host valve: 50cents
Aquarim hose, bought a few feet from a spool, enough for many drippers: $2
Plastic container: 0 (not including the cost of the take-away that was once in it)
Nail: a couple cents (I had a bag of nails left over from some construction)
optional :aquarium safe silicon $6 (I dont usually need to use this, but if you make your hole too big ....)

Go to a pet store, one with aquarium supplies, get a short length of air hose and a valve.
Get a nail that is slightly smaller in diametre than the air hose/valve
using the nail, Poke a hole in the side, at the bottom edge, of the plastic container.

Now thank you sooooooooooooo much for this! I can make this easy and it is just what Charlie needs! This should be in the care sheet for all new owners!

Where can I get those water adjustable plastic piece that goes between the hose and the water jug? What is it called anyways? Thanks

Pretty sure you can just use the ones you find in the aquarium supplies section at any pet store. The same ones you would use to adjust the air flow. Either that or I'm sure they have something like that at Home Depot in the area where they sell mister and drip system parts for your garden.

I built a bowl using an artificial leaf. wrap a big leaf over something round.(I used a light bulb) I used hot glue under the leaf to hold the shape I wanted. once cooled the leaf had a bowl shape. the artificial leaf I used had wire embedded in it to hold shape so I left abit of this wire/stem on the leaf. once shaped into the bowl shape I wired it to a branch so it blended into the artificial plants already there and was natural looking. added some water and lo and behold. they drink from it. each day I refill it a couple times

Back
Top Bottom