Cage plan

i ordered a CliMist system for $100 and it should be here tomorrow or the next day. I bought 3 Pothos plants, and my dad is using a few 4x4s to make stands for the 3 and hanging the smaller one I already had. He is also using a 4x4 to make a stand for the cage itself. A bucket will go under the cage, catching excess water. I am also using 5 or so branches as well as a bendable one with a fake vine around it.

Sounds good. Much ado about chameleons (google it) did a nice simple setup sounding similar to yours. Check it out for tips n what not. Post pics and have fun!

On the pothos bit, be mindful and make sure its the right plant. Golden pothos contains a toxin that can block your chameleon's calcium absorption if they make a habit of munching on the plant.Philodendrons look similar to golden pothos and are indeed toxic to chams so again, make sure it's the right one.

Sounds good. Much ado about chameleons (google it) did a nice simple setup sounding similar to yours. Check it out for tips n what not. Post pics and have fun!

On the pothos bit, be mindful and make sure its the right plant. Golden pothos contains a toxin that can block your chameleon's calcium absorption if they make a habit of munching on the plant.Philodendrons look similar to golden pothos and are indeed toxic to chams so again, make sure it's the right one.
Ummmm dude golden Pothos is GOOD for them....they love eating it.

Golden pothos are indeed toxic because of the presence of insoluble raphides. Insoluble meaning it doesn't break down in water or saliva when ingested. The indigestible raphides are needle-shaped crystals used as a defense mechanism against herbivores. Once ingested, they can cause inflammation of soft tissues of the throat, esophagus, or digestive system. That is why I said to be mindful of the TYPE of POTHOS as there are MANY different KINDS of pothos. GOLDEN pothos is bad.

WILcoxAE, there is no point arguing your point with Nicky. He has more than proved to everyone here he is very resistant to advice.
There has been many members here that are what I would call experts on chameleons. They have all tried just like you are to give him sound advice. Nicky rarely if ever seems to take anyone's advice.

Oooooooh.

Ok.

Well, as long as there is someone to validate good information versus bad then no one will get misinformed. Maybe the op will also heed sound advice even if they don't admit to it.

We are all here for what is in the chams' best interest, not anyone's ego.

Oooooooh.

Ok.

Well, as long as there is someone to validate good information versus bad then no one will get misinformed. Maybe the op will also heed sound advice even if they don't admit to it.

We are all here for what is in the chams' best interest, not anyone's ego.
Well sorrrry. I was informed Pothos and golden Pothos were fine

However, the three new are Pothos for sure, not golden. The old one I figured was safe due to the fact she ate half of it. I'll check though.

No harm no foul, everybody. Again, for what's in the chams best interest, we just want you to make sure there arent dead chams from a build up of toxins. Sometimes the stores even label plants wrong. Question everything.

Back
Top Bottom