Cage advice

april6may17

Hi I am expecting my male panther chameleon tomorrow and was wondering if any experienced owners could give me any advice about my cage set up if they think some improvements can be made. I have a 2', 2', 4' screen cage, 50 watt basking bulb, 24' 5.0 uvb bulb, repti fogger (live in the desert where its very dry), 4 live plants including a ficus, pothos, schefflera, and a yucca. Branches are treated real branches. Using hand misting and a lll reptile dripper. Basking temp is around 82 and ambient temp is around 70. Any pointers or suggestions anyone may have would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20141020_222627.jpg
    20141020_222627.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 150
Looks nice. Once that stuff starts to fill in more you'll have it perfect, so far as I can tell at a glance. There aren't really any places to hide, as is...

I agree - it's going to look great when it fills in -
You may want to add a fake leafy vine to fill it in in the mean time - a few hiding places can sometimes help them settle in.
Hopefully your better with real plants than I am- you might need a grow light at some point but I'm defiantly not someone who should be giving advise on how to keep plants alive.

Great job. I like it, how long did it take to setup. One thing I find my self doing is to spend hrs getting a setup and then keep changing it until it just looks good. I like your setup. Lots to climb on. I agree a few fake plants now to to hide and your set

Looks great. I would bump that up to a 75 watt bulb. And go with a misting system such as a misking. Get the cheapest kit they make and it will run plenty of cages if any upgrades in the future. How will you be draining water and will you be using a drip system? Setup looks great btw!

Back
Top Bottom