Baby Chameleon won't eat?

bmfarris

Hello,
My name is Brandy and I'm having some issues with my new baby veiled chameleon. I've owned a chameleon before that was very aggressive while also owning a variety of reptiles, and this baby chameleon seems to be very friendly. I purchased him about 3 days ago at my local Pet Co and since he's been in his new environment he won't eat. I've tried feeding him calcium dusted pin heads and have tried to hand feed him baby meal worms while also leaving them at the bottom of his age. I'm getting really worried and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

Welcome to the forums Brandy. How old is your baby? Fruit flies and pinheads are ok for babies only a couple weeks old and then they move up to 1/8 inch crickets and house flies. Mealworms are not the best feeders for chameleons. Most babies love Phoenix worms. Sometimes it takes them a while to settle in and start eating in a new home. I'd just leave him alone and don't try to hand feed for a bit. Just let the crickets free roam in his enclosure and remove any uneaten crickets before he goes to sleep or the crickets could eat on your baby. Also some baby's are shy and want eat when you are watching. Here's my blog for how I have had success over the years raising my baby veileds. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Last edited:
Really!?

I didn't know that Montium! My Panther stopped eating for a well but drank a lot of water and has been eating a little bit more since then :eek:

Back
Top Bottom