Anyone breeding Fence lizards?

gonecrazynback

I've been searching all my local shops and online breeders and no one seems to be carrying these little guys. I don't know why. They are not endangered or anything. Any ideas out there?

I have bred locally collected eastern fence lizards, but only for fun and to release in my yard to get a population going.

They are too cheap for professional breeding (a breeder might get $5 retail if he were lucky)...

There is one giant livebearing species that sandfire dragon ranch was breeding at one point several years ago. I don't know if they still have them available from time to time or not, but you might check with them. They are on my wish list for "someday" as well.

Edit- if you check kingsnake.com classifieds or bug your pet shop enough eventually some will turn up. Probably soon- it's about that time of year. They won't be captive bred and WC are only seasonally available usually. Keep in mind fence lizards are often called swifts and their genus name is sceloporus when you are looking for them.

Back
Top Bottom