Yesssss!!!

kpritch17

Today Kamish finally walked all the way on to my hand by himself-with the help of a cricket of course:) He has put his front feet on my hand before, but not all four feet. I'm soooo excited :) That was good enough for me, so i just put him back in his cage and let him munch down the rest of his meal :)

Congrats! :D It's the best feeling ever! Amy started off like that, and now she's a year old I have more trouble getting her back into her viv than I do getting her out, lol! I only need to walk past her viv and she shows interest in coming out, and when I open the door she runs to the front and straight out up my arm, bless her! Be consistent with the handfeeding - as you are finding, it's definitely well worth the effort!

Congrats! :D It's the best feeling ever! Amy started off like that, and now she's a year old I have more trouble getting her back into her viv than I do getting her out, lol! I only need to walk past her viv and she shows interest in coming out, and when I open the door she runs to the front and straight out up my arm, bless her! Be consistent with the handfeeding - as you are finding, it's definitely well worth the effort!

I agree I love having a social chameleon that doesnt get stressed over stupid little things or just plain mad. :)

congrats! although I dont really hand feed mine, I do physically give him the bugs, and at least it seems to be working that he is not so stressed by my presence all the time.

I think he already gets it and sometimes comes near when I'm by the cage, expecting food/misting. If I put my hand out, he just stares at it, lol.

Yeah, he got really comfortable with hand feeding right off the bat because he is a fatty! It took a while for him to actually get comfortable with me when I put my other hand out though. When I first started doing it he would hold on to the branch with just his back legs and hover above my hand without touching it to get the crix lol

Back
Top Bottom