Yemen chameleon life less

Hi guys I have a female Yemen Cham that has always been very active and a good feeder. She is a grand age of 8. I woke up this morning to find her at the bottom on her front just life less. She has no appetite I have given her water which she has taken and even put her on her basking spot to warm up but still heads to the bottom to sleep. Any ideas could it be the end of the road for her? Any ideas would be great thanks
Jon

Eight years is a great age for a female veiled. It could be her time. I would advise you make her comfortable and give her water as she wants. Perhaps have a folded towel on the bottom to break any falls. Sorry I can't be more helpful.:(

You might take her outside to get some sunlight in what could be her last hours, if it is warm enough at least. I personally just think this would be nice for any Cham

I'm sorry to hear that your Cham is failing but,as said 8 years, especially for a female is remarkable!!
Just make her comfortable... It's all you can do and she has earned it... :)

When my first cham started to show the same behavior I scooped her up and held her in my hands in the warmth o f the morning sun. She let go and gently slipped off into the next life without suffering. This must be very hard for you but it may be her time to go...

I agree, 8 years is ancient in chameleon years, especially for a female. They don't seem to live quite as long, atleast in captivity that we know of. If it is her time to go, I am sorry. She has lived more than most and hopefully you can take comfort in that if she does pass on.

Hi guys I have a female Yemen Cham that has always been very active and a good feeder. She is a grand age of 8. I woke up this morning to find her at the bottom on her front just life less. She has no appetite I have given her water which she has taken and even put her on her basking spot to warm up but still heads to the bottom to sleep. Any ideas could it be the end of the road for her? Any ideas would be great thanks
Jon

What a grand old lady you have! I agree she may enjoy a last bask outside with someone she trusts as long as its something she's used to. If she doesn't like to spend time out of her territory of being handled it might be stressful for her. You have given her a great life...much longer than she might have had in the wild too. Kudos!

Thanks guys sorry for the late response but I have been out. Got back and she has fallen asleep at the bottom of the reptibreeze and is a bright green. I'm from England so we are going into winter and I'm afraid there is no warm sun once summer has passed. But I will make her comfortable as I can, she has had a great life!

When my chameleon passed, I held him as he died. His color was very dark, almost black. I had worked nights and just did not have the energy to bury him, so i laid him on a towel at the bottom of his cage. when i got up hours later, his color was beautiful. Is that a chameleon thing to change color like that?

I am so sorry, I just hope that I do as good of a job and get to keep my Tara as long as you have had you baby. sending hugs, and well wishes.

old

In human years, she is like 148yrs old. I hope my ladies live half that long. My guess is you never bred her & UK temps kept her from laying too many clutches?

The worst part about having pets is that you outlive them. :( 8 years is really good for a cham, and we can all only hope that out chams spend that much time with us. :)

Never bred yes and she never laid one clutch. He passed away last night the vet said she was in pain as she had internal organ failure which change the toxins levels in her body and there she lost her balance. So RIP Lily

So sorry for you loss... heart felt hugs to you. You gave her a long and happy life, you both were lucky to have each other.

I am so sorry for your loss, RIP Lily.

As is self evident, she had an incredible run, and you should take great comfort in that. We all can only hope and strive to give our girls the long life you gave Lily, kudos to you.

Back
Top Bottom