What Kind Of Bugs Are These?

hiddenflaws

Avid Member
So we got our crickets in this morning and these two decided to hitch a ride with them!
Anyone know what they are and are they safe for chameleons?

Attachments

• 8D2BD3E0-407D-460E-ADDF-97F81E8E8ABC.jpeg
    8D2BD3E0-407D-460E-ADDF-97F81E8E8ABC.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 88
  • DEFED239-DADC-4377-A3D8-BD4B7FF900C2.jpeg
    DEFED239-DADC-4377-A3D8-BD4B7FF900C2.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 96
Those are "cleaner crews". They eat the dead crickets and the shells/sheds. They are a darkling beetle. Just leave them be, or better yet gather them all up and make a culture and then put them back in the bin. The time i got "lucky" and got 8 or so of them, but then the supers had their way with them, and no more free cleaner crews. They are worth up to a buck each on some sites that will sell you a dozen or so.

Those are "cleaner crews". They eat the dead crickets and the shells/sheds. They are a darkling beetle. Just leave them be, or better yet gather them all up and make a culture and then put them back in the bin. The time i got "lucky" and got 8 or so of them, but then the supers had their way with them, and no more free cleaner crews. They are worth up to a buck each on some sites that will sell you a dozen or so.

Am I able to add them to my new bioactive terrarium?

No no no, those are dermestids. Do not add them to a bio enclosure. They are ravenous and will eat everything, they are known to attack living things as well when hungry

No no no, those are dermestids. Do not add them to a bio enclosure. They are ravenous and will eat everything, they are known to attack living things as well when hungry

I am going with this. I had crunched up some dry doogfood in a plastic bag and forgot about it. Week or two latter it was filled with these. SEALED BAG I wish I remembered what brand. We still find the beetles around the house. DESTROY THEM feed them to the dragons lol

Back
Top Bottom