What is the best Plant To House Inside!!!

beardeds7587

I trying to get plants for my home so my chams can start free ranging but i live in NJ and its about to be winter so i wanted to knw what plants are best to live indoors and stay alive .... Thanks

I am really impressed with my schefflera so far, I can kill and resurrect any plant and so far this one has survived me! It provides strong climbing branches for my guy.

I have a hibiscus that was attacked by grasshoppers outside, I've brought it in and its recovering but its VERY slow to recover, which can be frustrating.

I don't think the Pothos know how to die, I haven't killed one yet, my mom had one for 20 yrs, repotted numerous times, they are really hardy in my opinion.

I really like schefflera. It's easy to keep and strong enough for chams to climb. I got a big one last week from Lowes for something between $4 and $5, if that helps.

Go for Pothos, umbrella trees and ficus imo. I went to home depot and got a ficus and umbrella tree for 20$ so its not too expensive and my ficus is about 4ft tall right now.

Sheffelera

I live in Pa... so I know what you mean... I have a large Scheffelera and I kill everything and quick to I think I hold a record! But much to my surprise it is still alive and lookin' good I might say!!!
:eek:

I haven't tried raising a tree or bush type plant, but Philodendrons climb up anything you place in a cage. You can create whatever you want shapewise and then place a phil on the floor of the cage and let it grow. They grow quick and double as connecting vines from one place to another.

The absolute best part is the flourish on neglect. We have a ~175lb potted philodendron (that's probably absorbed all the soil in the put) in our house that we just move in and out of the house before seasonal frosts. It has grown for about 6-8 years and can go without watering for months before showing any sign of problems.

You can also clip and grow more phils from a healthy plant. I took the phill in my cage from the large one we own, and have seen about 4" of growth since I cut it. Just place the cut piece in water until it makes roots and then transfer to soil. Our big one was actually a single vine cut and saved from a big philodendron that got frosted.

Back
Top Bottom