Wellness Check-In

Hi Beman.

Here’s the measurement. 3.2

View attachment 349229
Ok then UVI is perfect. Your range at back should be in the 3 range. You do not need to adjust any of your branches. New bulbs will have a burn in period where the UVI will be higher. Even then you will be fine with your branches. They can safely handle up to 6 granted I would not recommend that for long time exposure. Your UVI at the back on a new bulb would probably sit at a 4 which is perfectly safe.
We noticed the behavior change upon return from Holiday and before the plant swap out.

As I’ve been looking through the temp data, I can clearly see a dip in ambient temperature when we left for holiday. I completely forgot about Eco mode on our Nest thermostat. While we are away the temps can go as low as 65 F. Here’s the effect on the enclosure. This is data from the middle Govee puck.

View attachment 349241
Ok this is the cause for the blues he is experiencing. 6 days with much lower ambient temps... You should see him start to improve color wise over the next week now with you adjusting ambients back to low 70's for daytime.

PS I do love that you track everything makes it so much easier to id the issue.

Enclosure looks great not the cause as the behavior is for sure linked to the drop in temps while you were gone. :)

Ok then UVI is perfect. Your range at back should be in the 3 range. You do not need to adjust any of your branches. New bulbs will have a burn in period where the UVI will be higher. Even then you will be fine with your branches. They can safely handle up to 6 granted I would not recommend that for long time exposure. Your UVI at the back on a new bulb would probably sit at a 4 which is perfectly safe.

Ok this is the cause for the blues he is experiencing. 6 days with much lower ambient temps... You should see him start to improve color wise over the next week now with you adjusting ambients back to low 70's for daytime.

PS I do love that you track everything makes it so much easier to id the issue.

Enclosure looks great not the cause as the behavior is for sure linked to the drop in temps while you were gone. :)
Awesome, thank you for this feedback! I’ll keep an eye on him and watch temps!

Check in. Kam seems to be back at it, in terms of colors. I adjusted my home Nest temps ‘min’ Eco setting…BUT he did shed last week.

C076E830-0E59-4898-8FA9-2D7C6F83B3C4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom