Watery Urate

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - 2 and half to 3 year old male Veiled Chameleon, had him since he was 2-3 months old.

Handling - Rarely to never, hates to be handled.

Feeding - He eats crickets, locusts, morio worms (few times a month) wax worms (few times a month), silkworms (not often, hard to get hold of), dubia roaches and sometimes house spiders and moths. I gutload my feeders with collard greens, carrots, little romaine lettuce, watercress, squash, little kale and some apple.

Supplements - I use repashy's calcium plus which is used daily.

Watering - I mist 2-3 times a day for 3-4 minutes and see my chameleon drink.

Fecal Description - Normal poop, white but watery urates.

History - No known history

Cage Info:

Cage Type - XL large repti-breeze screen cage.

Lighting - I use a 75W bulb for basking and a 10.0 Reptiglow UVB strip tube and UVB was replaced a few weeks ago. Comes on at 10AM and goes off at 10PM.

Temperature - 85F to 90F attached to a thermostat and use a digital thermometer.

Lowest overnight temp? lowest is 65F at night and never drops lower.

Humidity - humidity stays at 60% when 2-3 mistings a day, use a digital humidity reader to measure.

Plants - All fake.

Placement - On a large table in the lounge with low traffic.

Location - UK

Current Problem - He's healthy and eating and a very good drinker but even though his urates are pure white, they are watery. Is this anything to worried about? He does drink a fair bit and is it down to all the water he drinks?

Check out the poop 101 thread in this part fo the forum, it states that urates with liquid means that it is getting very good hydration

Sana

Back
Top Bottom