The Daedalus & Azura Clutch Photo Thread

They are adorable and I love the one getting the little bit red under the chin. You are doing a great job raising them!

Thanks Carol!

Pretty much everyone is 4-5 weeks old at this time. I haven't really done a serious sexing yet (I do sort of eye-ball it when I hang out with them) but it seems like there are more girls than boys in this clutch. And it seems like a couple girls have taken the lead on being the largest so far, so they may be getting their own cage sooner rather than later, although the baby tub is still massive for all 8 hatchlings.

And I apologize for the photos, I don't think I got a single eye in focus lol But we were only by a window and not outside, and without outside sun my camera just doesn't focus in where I want it.

november8baby1.jpg

november8baby3.jpg

november8baby4.jpg

november8baby5.jpg

november8baby6.jpg

november8baby7.jpg

november8baby8.jpg

And just now before bed:

november8baby2.jpg

good gosh Olimpia, they are just too cute!!!!!! are those pinheads that are "pictured" with them??? if so, that tells me that they are still soooo tiny!!!! love the pics!!!!!!!!!!

They are so wrinkly and cute! The last photo reminds me of ET haha!

I know! When they curl up to bask or sleep they look extra wrinkly. They are like old men already lol Thanks!

good gosh Olimpia, they are just too cute!!!!!! are those pinheads that are "pictured" with them??? if so, that tells me that they are still soooo tiny!!!! love the pics!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Lisa! Pretty much, they may be what you consider "large" pinheads, but they are 1-2 week old crickets that I'm hatching myself. They're used to them when they're a little bigger, but my last batch ran out so they'll have to eat the little ones while they grow. But yes, regardless, they are pretty small still!

Lisa, there are only 14, so not a large clutch at all. I'm happy that between diet and lower temps my girl lays pretty small batches of eggs.

Another beautiful day outside for the babies before I go to work. These guys are outside nearly every day, I didn't think I was going to be able to do that this time of the year but I've been lucky. We've had very few cold days.

First are two different babies on my finger. They just look so chubby, I could die.

november17baby1.jpg

november17baby2.jpg

november17baby3.jpg

november17baby4.jpg

Next, the first sibling tiff I've seen so far. One was not happy that a sibling decided to be on the same branch and was furiously flaring up at the other. I took a couple pics and helped the little guy on to a different branch.

november17baby8.jpg

november17baby7.jpg

november17baby6.jpg

One baby down by the bottom hunting. Sometimes it's hard to see them among the twigs, they blend in super well.

november17baby5.jpg

And another baby.

november17baby9.jpg

november17baby10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom