T5 arcadia 12% fixture:)

RealIzeRecognIze

I just got Camilles new UVB lamp and T5 fixture today and am completely satisfied and haven't had it in for 30 mins! The cage is so much brighter the plants pop along with Camille which is soaking it up starting to show some gold and blue!(think she wants a mate) but everything is much brighter me and her love it and the shipping and service was great from lightyourreptiles:) I recommend this fixture for anyone with reptiles!

Cool, yeah I got my t8 12% bulb in today. Todd sure does wrap these things up! Took me 10 minutes to get it out of all the packing without getting peanuts all over the place.

Cool, yeah I got my t8 12% bulb in today. Todd sure does wrap these things up! Took me 10 minutes to get it out of all the packing without getting peanuts all over the place.

Haha you should see his packing with fixtures AND bulbs! Todd is an awesome guy and his service is top notch! :)

I know lol his packaging was pretty good and he even put the bulb in and popcorned it in there. Its definitely the way to go i think, my cham is way more brighter more active and it lights the whole 4 foot cage.

Was is not decided that the 12% was deemed too intense for the majority of chameleons?
Me and Todd discussed this on the phone for about 5-10 minutes and we covered the recommended level then max-min etc...It will be on the upper end of recommended but should not go over it. Yo be on the safe side we decided to put a piece of fiberglass screen over a section of the enclosure to give him a less than uvb area up top as via his ability to go lower to reduce the uvb. The double screen area should be about 60-80% less uvb. The cham's seem to know where the uvb is and when to go to or go away from it.

Do you think the brightness could affect there eyes? It is really bright..

T5 is bright no matter if 6% or 12%, but I went t8. My cham room is already really bright with 4x48" 6500k ceiling lights, then each enclosure has the uvb, basking light an its own 6500k.

I just did not need the t5 brightness in my setup.

I dunno about a t5HO and grow light... 2 t5ho's up top would be alot, maybe a t5ho and some smaller led's or something?

I seee, a couple people were talking good about the t5 on here and her cage is in my room with not much light.
So you don't think the brighter light with hurt her eyes any?

lightyourreptiles.com for the bulbs for a 24" fixture I went with diycages.com come and got a double t8 fixture for $50.00 so i could also have a plant light.

For my arcaida bulb i am running a double 48" fixture from lowes it was $12.00 ;)

Was is not decided that the 12% was deemed too intense for the majority of chameleons?
Caveats:
If anyone chooses to use 12% on a large enclosure...
REMEMBER...
It is important to use Hoj's trick of using Double.... or in some areas maybe even Triple screening....
(and good folliage) to create ample shaded areas.:D
And watch distances to basking areas... keep safe distances*.

Ample shadded areas would be just like in Nature as sunlight goes through the overhead branches and canopy and creates dappled ares of alternating shade and sunlight.

Plus...
Many folks now also use more than one light timer to set lighting to have a dawn, dusk and mid day light/ UV levels.:)

And set up 2 basking spots if you can.... and have one with low or minimal UV... that is good advice for any herp set up!

*If you can afford one... get a Solarmeter. (Or borrow a friends! :)) to check UV.
(Someday I plan to rent them...*sigh* ... but I have not figured out yet logistically how to do it effectivly.:confused:)

Must use UV wisely. :cool:

Cheers!
Todd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom