My review of Arcadia LumenIZE system and schedule.

Texas Ranger

Avid Member
My schedule

The basking lamp will come on at 08:00 and will go off at 20:00 for a 15 min warm/dimmer spectrum of light for the beginning and end of the day.

Settings for the Pro T5 6% UVB LumenIZE 46in.

08:15 - 0%

08:45 - 100%

19:15 - 100%

19:45 - 0%

The reason I start the UVB first is because it has a lower Lux on start up and gives the bulb a 5min head start to full power.

100% is 3.5 Ferguson Zone.

Settings for the Jungle Dawn LED LumenIZE 47in.

08:20 - 0%

08:50 - 100%

19:10 - 100%

19:40 - 0%

The reason I start the Jungle Dawn 5 min later is because the LUX is very white/blue light at start up and I want the simulation of day break.

The lights work great and the app is very natural in how to be set up. If you have watched our videos you will notice the lights do still come on at first before ramping up. From my understanding this is because even though you are starting at 0% it still actually takes 5%-10% to illuminate the bulb but very dim.

Now the Reason I have chosen to use this schedule is my research I have personally done on lighting and spectrums of light and their reaction to light/energy on reptiles. A lot of information I have learned and collected is from Frances Baines, John Courteney - Smith, Thomas Griffiths and Reptiles and Research.

After talking with Frances Baines I realize light/energy much better. She helped with this final schedule above and I believe the schedule listed above is going to be the best for the Reptiles and Chameleons I keep ( use what schedule you prefer this is my own personal choice in schedule). The main reason why is it allows for the greatest time frame I believe of optimal Ferguson Zone UVB exposure while creating a more natural light schedule of dawn and dusk. When the sun rises it is warm lighting into very bright LUX/light very quick with UVB. So that is the reason for my quick ramp up and schedule of the LumenIZE Products. They are an amazing product built very well and controllability is something I fill that has been needed in the hobby for a long time and I Thank Arcadia Reptiles for a Amazing product and everyone listed above for the helpful information and knowledge.

Attachments

• IMG_3833.jpeg
    IMG_3833.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 23
Great write up! Thank you for the insight and going the extra step reaching out to others and putting in that time! Do you think the next logical step for the product line would be the heating fixture to tie it all in to one app
It seems to be a vary simple set up but a lot of thought, time and attention to light spectrums and how fast was considered before coming up with this setting. It would be very nice if they had a dome that would work with the app as well and probably a good step in the right direction. But I would much rather see that time used in developing a LED UVB liner bulb that is safe and reliable. Herpstat makes an amazing product that could handle your basking light and is Bluetooth or maybe WiFi now.

Back
Top Bottom