Still no eggs...

RLover09

So its been 5 weeks since my female Jessie and my male Jimmy mated... She's getting bigger and her appetite had doubled... She hasn't started any digging yet, which makes me worried... She's acting very different not really wanting me to touch her, and all she does is crawl ALL over her cage, she'll crawl to the bottom sit for a min the turn around and come back up... Then I noticed her spin looking a little wierd, I don't know if its cause her belly is getting bigger or what... (Its not a good picute but I put when on here to show its the last one) I just read on her about putting her in a tall laying bucket so she can't get out and leaving her there for a little while to see if she'll dig... I think I might try that tomorrow... any advise for a worried mom would be much appreciated...

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5754.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

Gestation for panthers can be 45 days or more so she is on target. Signs are good that she is getting ready though with the restlessness and descending to the bottom of the tank. I may be worth making up a bigger laying bin out of a rubbish (trash) bin so you can get a good depth to the sand/soil. It's such a stressful time and I have complete sympathy for you!:)

Gestation for panthers can be 45 days or more so she is on target. Signs are good that she is getting ready though with the restlessness and descending to the bottom of the tank. I may be worth making up a bigger laying bin out of a rubbish (trash) bin so you can get a good depth to the sand/soil. It's such a stressful time and I have complete sympathy for you!:)

Aug 3 was her 45 day mark and still nothing... I tried putting her in a tall egg laying bucket so she couldn't get out, I tried that for 2 days and all it did was piss her off... her eating is up and down, one day she wont eat much and the next she'll eat like a pig... She hasn't tried digging or doesn't even want anything to do with the dirt... I am beyond worried right now! I don't know what else to do... What are some sign that she might be egg bounded? Just incase, Thanks guys

Have you tried covering her cage? They need complete privacy. I use a large black garbage bag and cut a peep hole to check in on her without her seeing. I would put a 5 gallon bucket filled with very moist play sand. Make a tunnel with your fist and make sure the sand is wet enough to hold the tunnel. Cover her cage and leave her alone. Sometimes they will use the tunnel you make for them. If she becomes egg bound you will see her becoming very weak, in some cases paralized, eyes sunken in, very dehydrated looking and stop eating and drinking. If you witness egg bound signs take her to the vet right away for a shot of oxytocin. I highly recommend covering her cage right away, good luck!

1.try getting her to drink liquid calcium or powder calcium mixed in some water. (as much as you can)

2.make sure you have a big enough container in the cage with enough sand or what ever you choose as a substrate (14 inches plus). i use a plastic laundry tub container thats approx 30inches wide and about the same in height. 100 lb's of sand in it :)

3. in the laying bin i put vines and a large piece of drift wood standing straight up. also pre-dig her a few tunnels with different angles.

When/if she does start digging, make sure she doesn't see you watching her.
If she shows any signs of going down hill (lethargy, sitting low in the cage, sleeping during the day, etc.) get her to the vets right away.

1.try getting her to drink liquid calcium or powder calcium mixed in some water. (as much as you can)

2.make sure you have a big enough container in the cage with enough sand or what ever you choose as a substrate (14 inches plus). i use a plastic laundry tub container thats approx 30inches wide and about the same in height. 100 lb's of sand in it :)

3. in the laying bin i put vines and a large piece of drift wood standing straight up. also pre-dig her a few tunnels with different angles.

Thank you for all the great advice... I've done everything you said... Still nothing... I am taking her to the vet this week... But on a good note my other female finally mated with my male... YAY! More babies!!! :D

My Yemen Chameleon has lost a lot of weight and is going through pregnancy, I have put a laying bun inside her vivarium and she continuously walks around inside it, she also sometimes wiggles with her mouth wide open making noises like she is trying to push her eggs out. I have been feeding her the calcium powder critical care foodstuff, which seems to be keeping her alive at the moment. Please advise me here urgently???

RLover09...did you take her to the vets?

Chameleon2011..you said she lost a lot of weight but is going through a pregnancy....this doesn't make sense....she should be gaining weight if she's producing eggs. We need more information....how do you know she's gravid (pregnant)? Fill out the questionaire in the thread "how to ask for help" at the top of the health section please. What critical care stuff have you been feeding her?

I have read about this and heard that they should be gaining weight, well she isnt, she is pregnant because she has been near the heat bulb and heating the sides of her stomac, then shortly after she has lost her appetite. I am giving her some Vetark Critical Care which is a food stuff, the tin reads: Critical Care Formula (CCF) is a complementary foodstuff comprising a unique blend of energy supplying maltodextrins with protein digests.

I am giving her this everyday, she is trying to lay her eggs but is struggling.

Please help!!! She is getting very weak and has lost her grip.

RLover09...did you take her to the vets?

Chameleon2011..you said she lost a lot of weight but is going through a pregnancy....this doesn't make sense....she should be gaining weight if she's producing eggs. We need more information....how do you know she's gravid (pregnant)? Fill out the questionaire in the thread "how to ask for help" at the top of the health section please. What critical care stuff have you been feeding her?

Back
Top Bottom