So is she fat or is it laying bin time...

finalflash

So my newest veiled female doing great eats EVERYTHING and really overly friendly....lol and seems to check all the other health boxes...
She seems to be getting a little more pumpkin like ..especially when in her sleeping spot...
She never goes to the ground or digs ... She stays mostly in her basking, shade and sleeping spots unless you open the door then its to the "feed me branch" or come closer so i can climb on you ...
She is big girl compared to other veileds i have had in the past... I attached a sleeping picture from tonight to show her pumpkin pose which does exaggerate her plumpness but will add some others in the AM for comparison....once she goes up to bask
so are we cooking some eggs or are we just chunky...lol

image0 (1).jpeg

So my newest veiled female doing great eats EVERYTHING and really overly friendly....lol and seems to check all the other health boxes...
She seems to be getting a little more pumpkin like ..especially when in her sleeping spot...
She never goes to the ground or digs ... She stays mostly in her basking, shade and sleeping spots unless you open the door then its to the "feed me branch" or come closer so i can climb on you ...
She is big girl compared to other veileds i have had in the past... I attached a sleeping picture from tonight to show her pumpkin pose which does exaggerate her plumpness but will add some others in the AM for comparison....once she goes up to bask
so are we cooking some eggs or are we just chunky...lol

View attachment 343118
Age and feeding schedule

7-8months old and was feeding daily silks , dubia and mixing in some crickets and horn worms last 2 weeks or so been moving her to every other day...

when feeding daily about 5-8 small feeders now on every other day about 4-6 mix of medium silks and Dubia (daughter most likely sneaking in a superworm and or hornworm fromtime to time lol )
daily basking 86, mid enclosure temp 79 nighttime 70 is the pretty normal.

Ok so to help reduce egg production you could feed her 3-4 feeders 3x a week. If daughter sneaks her bugs maybe you feed her 3 bugs 3x a week.

Basking temp you don’t want any higher than 80 degrees.

ill make a few adjustments.
so lowering basking will help to reduce egg production...that's interesting i just thought overall temp was a factor....

do you think its better for her to drop basking temp by reducing the basking light hours/duration on or just drop the wattage of the bulb
You can raise your heat lamp so the basking branch reaches 80 or get a lower wattage. My basking light is only on for 30 min for my lady.

hmmm maybe ill drop to a 40watt and see how that changes temps as that would seem to be the least disruptive to her on/off basking routine. and then adjust maybe duration and such if needed.

So to add a little more context and other angles and better show her overall proportions as she looked way bigger than she is in the first picture....... but yea not a morning girl for sure...lol
Like clockwork every morning she goes to the middle yea I am awake branch, then to the you are way to close too early pose (added overhead for body size example) and then up to the I'm basking and if you are not feeding me I refuse to acknowledge you spot lol
image4.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

She is beautiful.

Ya she still looks l little eggy to me. If she were overweight I believe that would show in her casque and cheeks as well.

So to add a little more context and other angles and better show her overall proportions as she looked way bigger than she is in the first picture....... but yea not a morning girl for sure...lol
Like clockwork every morning she goes to the middle yea I am awake branch, then to the you are way to close too early pose (added overhead for body size example) and then up to the I'm basking and if you are not feeding me I refuse to acknowledge you spot lol
View attachment 343127View attachment 343128View attachment 343129View attachment 343130
She’s so pretty!

Back
Top Bottom