sleeping

Nosyfaly

Are chameleons heavy sleepers ? I have a new faly that (im sure you've heard me rant about his agressiveness) is sleeping and when im trying new methods of getting close to him. I decide to try to give his ribs a rub

My new Ambilobe seems to be,I had to do some things around the cage that caused me to bump it a bit and I kept checking carefully and he was still asleep.
I think they just hear lower frequency sounds so that may have something to do with it.

That said, I wouldn't purposely wake the cham,as it would ...survey says.... stress the cham out! Like everything else seems to do :p

Wow. It didnt post half of my writing lol. He didnt seem to move. I did it once just cause i havent seen my little guy all day. I forsure dont want to stress him out. He usually hisses back so when i got no reaction i wanted to get opinions

When their body temp drops and its dark they are a lot less aware. Their brain is cool. Some chams will let themselves fall to the ground if touched while they are asleep...its a defensive tactic to appear more like a dead leaf than an animal. He may well be less aware of being touched, but it may trigger a startle reaction which isn't good. He won't be conscious enough to know YOU are touching him, so sort of wasted effort. Chams usually don't enjoy being touched anyway. With an aggressive cham I find that keeping your activity around the cage to a daily schedule he can expect, hand feeding him (using a cup if he hates hands) will help him accept the fact that you are not a threat but a source of good things. If he feels he can get as high up as possible this can also help him feel a bit more secure around you.

Back
Top Bottom