Silkies

lyanlynn

Okay everyone...brace yourself...I have a chameleon who is not interested in silk worms!!! AHHHHHHH! I didn't think it was possible. I equate them to like fillet minion. She at one the first time they were offered. After that she just looks at them and at me like um, are you crazy. However, Licky loves them. She actually chose mealworms over silk worms. How odd!?

My cham did the same thing. He ate one - and when I tried to feed him another he kept running away from it like it was some sort of nasty moving thing.

Where do you get your silks from?

Lily doesn't like silkies much either! I ordered some to try and get her out of her 'I'm not eating anything' phase. She probably only ate half of the pack (at most) that I bought. She really wasn't very keen, having gobbled the first one up as fast as she could! They were quite expensive too, and not that easy to get hold of here in the UK.

My cham did the same thing. He ate one - and when I tried to feed him another he kept running away from it like it was some sort of nasty moving thing.

Where do you get your silks from?

I ordered them from Georgia Bugs. Licky LOVES them. I've restricted his intake. He would literally eat them all if you put them in there for him.

Lily doesn't like silkies much either! I ordered some to try and get her out of her 'I'm not eating anything' phase. She probably only ate half of the pack (at most) that I bought. She really wasn't very keen, having gobbled the first one up as fast as she could! They were quite expensive too, and not that easy to get hold of here in the UK.

Wow! They are definitely expensive. She ate the first one like mmmm, that's awesome mommy! And then I tried to give her a second one and she was like nah, I think I'll pass.

So far I've purchased discoids, silkworms, Dubai's and Phoenix worms for "treats". All my chameleons don't really like them. both girls like superworms and sometimes will eat a silkworm but my male jackson...absolutely nothing but crickets.

Last edited:
So far I've purchased discoids, silkworms, Dubai's and Phoenix worms for "treats". All my chameleons don't really like them. both girls like superworms and sometimes will eat a silkworm but my male jackson...absolutely nothing but crickets.

Tweety loves some phoenix worms when she's not on strike.

Back
Top Bottom